Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pull a toilet or drill a drain hole in a c.o. plug?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pull a toilet or drill a drain hole in a c.o. plug?

Rick,
    Do you have a store bought program that tracks all that info or is it something you have done ? I would like to have something like that for myself.
    John

Comment

it's in my invoicing customer profile program.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Hey rick just read to rootx or not to rootx and this line that this thread is about I cleaned four years ago and used rootx after the job was done. should I have sold them more to use six months after the first cleaning four years ago? I did sell them another treatment since it lasted so long.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          you need to make the call and do the one that is most efficent and least damaging.

for me i would just go on the roof with my k-60 and down a 4'' roof vent.

as far as cutting the last of the roots, sounds like you used a camera to see them. then you know the footage and can match up the footage with the sectional lengths. concentrate on them at these spots. i find that a spiral root saw does a good job and so does a set of 4'' pear cutters. knowing the eact footage is the trick to cleaning the line. it's like fishing, if you know where the fish are, you'll get the bites

rick.
          I was thinking the same thing,although most everywhere else is starting to get some pretty slick roofs.I like keeping soil in the pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by plumber rick View Post
            keep in mind that running a camera is not free. Even if you include it in your job, the customer ultimately has paid for its use.

Every time you go to the dr, do they run test and send you for x-rays Of course not.

Having roots is not out of the ordinary. If i ran a camera into every job i go to, 95% of them would show roots. Rots are not the end of the world. Knowing how to cut and control them is what makes me the pro and the others amateurs.

I go by their track record and the potential for damage if it stops up. If there is no potential for damage, but just an inconvenience, then a regular snaking when the time comes. If it can cause damage and more than an inconvenience, then a more through cleaning with a camera to document would be better. Knowing the total length of the line and the problem areas is the best way to stay on top of the issue.

Just because my customers can afford it, doesn't mean i need t get rich off of them. We discuss their needs and document the cleanings. I can look back at my records for the last 10 years of every job i've done in a matter of seconds from my laptop in the truck. I know the machine, cleanout location, cable, cutters, distance, findings, and recommendations. Same as a doctor can by looking at your medical records.

Rick.
            Rick, from now on you're doc.
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
            X