Down Under use 5000psi.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down Under use 5000psi.....

I have been doing some home work and I have been checking out Aussie websites, and it seems they run alot higher psi than north america, Now I know these boys can drink beer and can put on a mean barbie, so are we behind the times up here, are we out to lunch here....running only 3000 psi, it makes sence to me to use a higher pressure? any thoughts

Re: Down Under use 5000psi.....

seems like most of them are cleaning from the street back from the pics I have seen not from the house out. Besides the higher psi they are using smaller hoses as well. It was because of the aussie guys on here that I started using a higher PSI but I still believe that high GPM get the job done quicker and cleaner. The jetters edge web site has a lot of neat stuff for small drain cleaners while the american sites seem to be geared toward big municipal cleaners.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

as cuda has mentioned they tend to use smaller hoses that can negotiate the bends and cover the distance. i believe they use the higher psi to make up for the pressure loss due to friction of the smaller hose. therefore they end up with the proper pressure at the nozzle.

5000# at the nozzle will do serious damage to clay pipe. therefore the tip pressure is probably closer to 3500#.

high psi does cutting, but high gpm does the cleaning and flushing.

psi is easy to attain. gpm cost money in the larger pumps.

maybe i can ask when i'm there end of the week

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by British Plumber View Post
        I have been doing some home work and I have been checking out Aussie websites, and it seems they run alot higher psi than north america, Now I know these boys can drink beer and can put on a mean barbie, so are we behind the times up here, are we out to lunch here....running only 3000 psi, it makes sence to me to use a higher pressure? any thoughts
        These are fighting words, are you calling us all drunks well mybe we are but only Aussies can call another Aussie a drunk.

Tony

Comment

No offence intended, take it as a complement!!!!

Comment

So Rick, are you coming to see us in Sydney? I need to show you guys how the experts clear drains!
            Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
            Albert Einstein

Comment

bill, i'll be a couple hours away in new zealand

come on down and i'll show you how to bungy jump

was i close on my post about the 5000# jetting

i'm using my/ your screwdriver nozzle and root ranger today at 2 jobs with dirty area drains. typically mud and cheap pipe, poor fittings and grade and roots. 3000# @ 5.6 gpm 18 h.p.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Spot on with your specs!

Here is an early version of the first dual trailer we made. We use special check valves and other Aussie innovation to make it work.

2 x 31hp 31 LPM Pump motor groups drawing from 2 seperate points on the tank at 4300psi. Combined it gives you 4300psi at 62 LPM or 15.5gpm.

Have fun in NZ!

http://www.thejettersedge.com.au/onl...&category_id=5
                Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Well I will just have to try this as a local plumber who has a machine just like my jetter, 24hp honda,3000psi 8gpm is selling for dirt cheap and I thought about having two big jetters but if I bought a diverter valve and ran both at once I would think I had some serious power! Be nice to have a valve I could switch to using just one unit and then to both units when needed.
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

ah bummer couldn't do it his machine was 3000psi 24hp honda 8gpm and when I looked at mine again it had the same specs but 10 gpm so I didn't buy it.
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                      ah bummer couldn't do it his machine was 3000psi 24hp honda 8gpm and when I looked at mine again it had the same specs but 10 gpm so I didn't buy it.
                      Whats the price? Maybe I could drive out to Colorado

Comment

If the psi is the same on both machines (as you said) you can combine them, you will have 3000psi, 18gpm. If BOTH machines have trapping unloaders you just "T" them together.

A trapping unloader has built in check valves. If the machines have flow unloaders you can still combine them you just need to add the check valves and necessary adapters.

If you need help, I can supply you a vendor with a made up adapter with check valves.

Doug

Comment

Sorry Cuda I thought you were from colorado. Washington is a little far for me. Unless it's really cheap

Comment

Trapping means the power comes on right away? and flow is staged to gradually come on right?
                            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I have never heard it expressed that way, so yea maybe.

If it is a trapped unloader the hose will be "pressurized" or stiff when the water is not flowing. If it is a flow actuator the hose will be limp, like when the machine is not running

So how many $$$ for this unit? If you are not interested I may be.

Also, you would need 27 hp to get 3000psi at 10gpm, so something is not kosher.
                              Last edited by VMC; 11-28-2009, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X