X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDPE Sewer pipe question

I have been starting to see HDPE sewer pipe 4", question it is ridged on the inside like corrogated junk but not as ridged. I would think this would cause friction. Also a customer had some today extra from his install and it seems a little to flexable so it would too easily bend and create bellies.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: HDPE Sewer pipe question

Do you have pictures??? Does this pipe have approval with your local codes? What is the SDR value?
    ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
      I have been starting to see HDPE sewer pipe 4", question it is ridged on the inside like corrogated junk but not as ridged. I would think this would cause friction. Also a customer had some today extra from his install and it seems a little to flexable so it would too easily bend and create bellies.
      I have no actual experience with the stuff, but it would seem that if it were pulled through the ground ala pipe bursting, settling shouldn't be an issue. I may just be showing my ignorance however.
      www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Ive done over 400 pipe bursts using hdpe, as far as the strength of it it superceeds pvc or abs and hdpe is not corragated at all it is a smooth pipe the only unsmooth part is where 2 peices are fused together wich leaves a small 1/16-1/8 inch bead arouns the inside circumferance of the pipe.

Comment

cuda,what do you have? are there more than one flavor of hdpe? we have pvc dwv drain pipe and pvc electrical conduit. they are very different formulas. they are the same size. consequently hacks enter change them. mostly electricians using sch 40 for conduit. you know just because someone is doing something, doesn't mean they should. i worked on a house last week that had thin wall styrene in basement. go figure. breid.............

Comment

I haven't see much of the 4" stuff, smallest I generally work with is 16", but hdpe does have some ammount of give, more so than a metal, but the stuff works so well that most water and gas utilities in my area are switching to it instead of sticking with metal pipe. Most all of the hdpe i have worked with has been directionally bored and the stuff has enough flex to beat 15 degrees, it's neat stuff, just terrible to try and locate, but I agree with rhino, unless you've found a new breed hdpe is always smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
              is this sewer pipe or is it area/ yard drain piping?

sdr 17 is what i use for trenchless pipe bursting. you could hit it all day with a sledge hammer and not hurt the stuff.

a picture would help

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
              X