X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K-60

Did you pick up a section of innercore 7/8 cable? Since you are used to the drum you need the 1st section to be innercore or else you will think it is a whimpy spring. And the 4 blade arrow bit is great.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
      Did you pick up a section of innercore 7/8 cable? Since you are used to the drum you need the 1st section to be innercore or else you will think it is a whimpy spring. And the 4 blade arrow bit is great.

You all have it backwards... well at least in my experience. You want the limber cable up front and the stiffer cable in the back. Like when I just rodded a 200' sewer my first 75' was the standard wound 1 1/4 cable, then the rest was the heavy duty wound cable driving the limber stuff.

If you put the heavy duty stiffer cable in first then the limber cable driving it the limber cable can easily turn around on itself.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I use the innercore upfront so it doesn't flex and drive thru the stoppage. I would use all innercore if it wasn't so heavy and expensive. Never had one flip back on me in 3 or 4 inch pipe. On 6 I use my spartan 1065 w 3/4"
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Oh yea thanks Ron I contacted Marv and he set me up with a rebuilt camera color head and trusted me to send mine to him! I like that!
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
            Oh yea thanks Ron I contacted Marv and he set me up with a rebuilt camera color head and trusted me to send mine to him! I like that!
            Yea Marv is a good guy. Has lots of stock as well.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

well my first review of the K-60 is just as I thought it would have been. It may have it`s place but I rather use my K-7500. The job I did today took me 1 1/2 hours and I could have done it in 30 minutes with the K-7500.
              My helper feels the same way after his first try with the K-60. It will have it`s place but I rather use my Drum Machines hands down!

What a mess this little machine makes. I didnt have time to get a tarp as this was an Emergency call out. I wouldnt have needed one if I would have taken the K-7500 with me.

Why would you want this much crap stuck inside the cable? With the K-7500 the cable would have come back clean and I wouldnt spend an hour cleaning crap out of an open wound cable.

This thing takes up to much room as I had to run the guide hose down the hall. With the K-7500 I would have everything in the room I was working on.
              Took 2 trips in and out to bring in the cable and machine. Would have only taken one with the K-7500.

Well Like I have been saying for years, the K-60 will have it`s uses but it`s damn sure not a machine I could use every day.

BTW..... I also have a K-50
              Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 12-16-2009, 04:30 PM.
              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

ALL CLEAR

You need practice with the k-60. I myself was a drum guy for years, My fisrt few days with the k-60 i was like you, ready to throw it in the trash can

After a week or so i was much better with it. Now Im a PRO! NO mess, fast set up and tear down time. I love it!

P.S. I keep the basket of cables in the same area as the machine and feed them in from the front of the machine and wind them up in front of the machine also, makes it go much faster!

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post

P.S. I keep the basket of cables in the same area as the machine and feed them in from the front of the machine and wind them up in front of the machine also, makes it go much faster!
                  Thats the same way I did it

Comment

Well All Clear if you decide you don't like it don't throw it away throw it at me. I've used one a few times now and would really like one. Dang sure not to take the place of the drum machine though. I like drain cleaning but I don't like working hard drain cleaning It worked great every time But I had 2 jobs in 1 day that did not go well and wore me out. Never would have happened with the drum. Getting worn out that is. As for the K50 that is my favorite machine for kitchens. I'm with you the K60 has it's place but so does my butt and thats on a 5 gallon bucket while the machine is working
                    Last edited by saysflushable; 12-16-2009, 07:45 PM.

Comment

I always used drum machines, now mine is collecting dust. The k 60 has its uses, but I still prefer the k1500. Keep practicing, it gets easier and who knows, we may have another convert.

Comment

"Keep practicing" WHAT????? I dont need no practicing when it comes to drain cleaning But this machine is just way to much work for this lazy plumber
                        2 trips to the C/O and 2 trips back to the Van is 2 to many
                        K-7500 would have been only one round trip
                        110` clean out in 22 minutes and I busted me butt! What a work-out.

What a pain in the A$$.... I hate to have to handle cables....errrrrrrr

All`s I want for X Mas is my K-7500, Bucket and my guide pipe back

Kinda funny the only thing in my new van is the K-60...

Tomorrow I will have a K-7500 in that thar van
                        Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 12-17-2009, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Some of you have asked what I use the K-60 for... Well I bought it to take with me in my septic truck.
                          It is more work then the K-7500 but takes up much less room on a truck that doesn't have any room to begin with. This house had no C/O so I tried to clear it from the roof vent but no luck as the cable wouldn't make the turn at the bottom of the stack. Had to dig up the line at the inlet of the tank and clean back toward the house. Got the job done but was a pain as I had to handle all the cable. Other then that worked pretty good.

My First Ever Job that I was glad I had the K-60 on the service truck. I couldn`t even get a K-380 down this hole. Had to run 110` to clear. I was worn-out after retrieve all that cable in such close quarters. After I got done I noticed I could have cleared the line from the roof much easier but the H/O kept insesting I had to go down under...lol
                          I`ve got to remember that I am the PRO and I should have been looking and not listening to the H/O.

Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 12-29-2009, 08:51 PM.

Comment

This probably the only thing I would use the K-60 on If I ever bought one.
                            My Fat azz don't do roof vents. None here anyway all basements. But in a crawl space or very low basement where machines can't fit would come in handy. For now I use my drill with 200 feet of 1 1/4 cable and it's still tuff on the back in places like above photo. Give me a drum any day first.
                            Rod
                            MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                            Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                            http://unclognh.com
                            http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

An L-Shaped section of 2" automotive exhaust pipe is very handy for making that bend from the clean out into the line coming into the septic tank. The bend in the pipe does not need to be as sharp as a 90 degree turn, something a little less will stay in the pipe better and feed better. You might want to have several different lengths for different septic tank depths

Comment

Yea the K-60 is the crawl space king!
                                Attached Files
                                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                                X