What happed to all the calls???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What happed to all the calls???

A Camera is one of those things that once you have it you will wonder how you ever got by without it, it will bring you more work and pay for itself in no time, My camera probably gets me 5-10 jetter jobs a month, Had it not been for my camera the ho would have thought all is good and the roots are gone after running a cable down their drain but with the camera they see how many roots a cable machine Misses, and its very easy to sell a jetter job to remove the roots if the home owner ca n see it,

Comment

it's been typical for me. since Thursday i've had 5 calls and have 1 confirmed early tomorow AM and a possible pool camera job after that.

i've got a 2 month cushion in the bank and don't expect to use it. will cover the Q4 taxes next week and have budgeted a MicroDrain reel for Q! 2010.

if all goes well i may try to add a night/weekend guy in Q1 2010. there's a plumbers assistant here that is hungry, sharp, and very good. we talked a bit last week and if it's possible i'll make the move.

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
        Same here, slow as death the last 3 weeks.

Trying to get the truck together for a few jobs but we're spending alot more than we're bringing in

It's gettin' down right scary

$375 today for a hydraulic cylinder rebuild
        Is that the truck you bought back in july?

My whole year's been that way- go like mad for a few days, nothing for a few- start over.
        Last edited by lmpg; 12-02-2009, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Been slow. Real slow. Starting to post on craigslist. Hoping the phone will rang. Atleast I will Have some one to talk to for a few minutes.

Comment

It`s slow here too. We only did 26 calls last week
            It`s that time of year when things slow down for a few weeks then it`s back to work when the women start to make room in the fridge for Xmass dinner left overs.
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

So lets say that Unclog buys the camera. How does one start using it to ear more income to pay for the camera or is this something you need to advertise in the yellow pages, newspaper, ect?

Basically how do you let people know you offer this service now?

Comment

in my small market i did the local paper, made fliers and hit all the property managers, real estate agents, pool companies, and plumbers.

when the new phonebook came out i added the one line "color video inspection" to my existing ad

i have the only WORKING camera on the island, AFAIK. it's possible someone got theirs running but i'm betting NO

steve
                In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                  So lets say that Unclog buys the camera. How does one start using it to ear more income to pay for the camera or is this something you need to advertise in the yellow pages, newspaper, ect?

Basically how do you let people know you offer this service now?
                  Have it on Yellow pages ads only maybe 1% of calls come in for camera
                  other 99% sell camera while on job.
                  Rod
                  MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                  Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                  http://unclognh.com
                  http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

For me the jobs just came when i would unclog a sewer and remove roots, or would not be able to get a 3 " blade through a 4 " pipe and the ho would want to know why or how many joints had root intrusions

Comment

I have been dressed and ready for work all week and the calls stopped. Maybe I need to put on a suit and tie and plan something and pretend to drive down the street.
                      Rod

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Its been feast or Famine here for as long as ive been doing this,last month was my biggest $$ month in the 8 years ive been doing this on my own, and there were 13 of the 30 days that my phone didnt ring, and 17 days i ran my *** off. if you could only know when those slow times were going to be.

Comment

Never fails here. Save up for something phone stops Then money is GONE then phones ring again then stop when I'm close again
                          Banks won't lend put's me out of the running for a see snake and have to budget for a more affordable camera.
                          Rod

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                            Never fails here. Save up for something phone stops Then money is GONE then phones ring again then stop when I'm close again
                            Banks won't lend put's me out of the running for a see snake and have to budget for a more affordable camera.
                            I don't even get dressed in the mornings any more. I just get up shower than put on a pair of basketball shorts and a work t shirt. than I read this and other forums and stare at the phone.
                            So what kind of camera are you looking at besides the see snake?

Comment

Originally posted by handybull View Post
                              I don't even get dressed in the mornings any more. I just get up shower than put on a pair of basketball shorts and a work t shirt. than I read this and other forums and stare at the phone.
                              So what kind of camera are you looking at besides the see snake?
                              Easycam. They have no reps in my area so they are shipping by Ups.
                              14 day trial just can't get it wet or dirty then their unit becomes used.
                              If I don't like it I'm only out shipping costs.
                              It will be here tomorrow according to the tracking number.
                              Rod

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                                Easycam. They have no reps in my area so they are shipping by Ups.
                                14 day trial just can't get it wet or dirty then their unit becomes used.
                                If I don't like it I'm only out shipping costs.
                                It will be here tomorrow according to the tracking number.
                                If I can't get it wet or dirty how can I try it out?

Comment

Working...
                                X