just an update on cheap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just an update on cheap

Many may know already but i started my company "drains done cheap" about 6 months ago. With a little help from the amazing k-60 and the nice girl answering the phones we our in the market, competing , making a name for selves, providing top notch customer service, and thank the lord above we have been busy almost every day for the last 3 months. Thanksgiving weekend was a blessing ive never cleaned so many sinks in one day. Repeat customers are trickling in now, word of mouth is spreading pretty good, and never underestimate craigslist, im in three phonebooks, 2 are necessity, but the at&t phone book only gets about half the calls as craigslist. Doing a lot social networking thats help. I go to meet with score advisors twice a week, and by january im adding a van and man. So every thing is going pretty good, even doing it cheap.
    Not many care but i thought i would throw this update incase you thought i was already down and out.

Re: just an update on cheap

hey where you located.
    With a name like drains done cheap what are you charging?

Comment

Originally posted by handybull View Post
      hey where you located.
      With a name like drains done cheap what are you charging?
      Judging by his dialect, I would say Muskegon, MI.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

congrats!! sounds like you're doing it right and growing

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

sounds good cheap how do you charge your jobs ie kitchen drain,main line,camera line.

Comment

I found hi flyer online 80.00 across the board.
            Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
            1-920-284-7471

Comment

Regardless of anyone's opinion or lack of caring about you online, it sounds like you're enjoying success on your own. That's all that really matters! Thanks for the update. Perhaps your low price and good service are what it takes to grow a business in such a down economy. If you're growing and paying your bills, keep at it and good job..

Comment

glad to see you are making it.

ddc. i'll bite, what is a score adviser? breid.........

Comment

breid..........what is with the pary on icon after every post?

Comment

I`m guessing he`s partying like it`s 2012
                    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Re: glad to see you are making it.

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                      ddc. i'll bite, what is a score adviser? breid.........
                      Look here Breid. They can explain it better then I.

http://www.score.org/index.html

Gene...........
                      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

drainsdone cheap does any drain for 80.00. Of course, if he can't clear it, then it will have to be replaced.

http://muskegon.craigslist.org/sks/1494785505.html
                        (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

I was up close to your neighborhood Auguring the drain at walgreens in grandhaven yesterday. A little far for me but it was for another plumber. and I was slow so off I went!!! Good to hear all is going well.

Comment

Good for you! It's always great to hear a success story, especially in these times. It's nice to see that you kept positive and stayed looking forward. Keep up the good work, and keep in touch!

Mick

Comment

I always encourage anyone who wants to undercut the average every ample opportunity to make the best out of their business venture.

But, I will tell you that I never, ever want to be known as cheap, whether in my business life or my personal life, as I feel this denotes two things:

The willingness to lower the bar to drive pricing down in the competition field

The willingness to force the "more volume measures over more income" attitude.

Would I rather sell #2 pencils @ 1 penny a piece and sell 1000 of them, or would I rather sell #2 pencils @ 3 pennies a piece and sell 333 of them.

Because one of those two equations takes 70% more manpower no one wants to discuss, or talk about.

And if you know how to sell, you can embed the value of that 3 penny pencil over the 1 penny pencil, and still be the same exact pencil.

It's talent, salesmanship, suggestive selling, attitude and the gentleman's draw that adapts to every face you put yourself in front of that makes the time you use to your advantage and make it count.

At 40 I'm at the age where I'll take the random pattern of work before busting my balls like I did the first 20 years of my career.

If you're young and new to the biz gig, then by all means follow the path you're on so you can understand the people you'll meet who always want rock bottom. I try to make a point of dealing with people that place value embedded in price with their buying decisions, without all the gimmicks and undercutting to work.

If you came to my town with the same business model, I would encourage it. Competition can sometimes be a working advantage, especially when they lead into supply and demand problems and now I'm pulling from what you're too busy to keep up with.
                              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                              X