X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Easycam came in today. My honest thoughts

I was going over the pictures of the Mr. Rooter franchise pictures. Their using a see Snake
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

The head looks big. I held out for a long time and scored a Seesnake and Navitrack on Ebay. Pm me, and I will tell you how much they were...

Comment

I like the trial period deal

As long as you don't use it? what the he11 kind of trial is that?
        Is it because the push rod IS junk and anyone actually using it will soon find that out? makes me wonder
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Take plenty of pics before and after you package it, before mailing.

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts on the easy cam ...........i almost purchased one, but thought twice about it

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
              The head looks big. I held out for a long time and scored a Seesnake and Navitrack on Ebay. Pm me, and I will tell you how much they were...
              Have been keeping my eye on ebay
              Rod

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

The ridgid stuff is as expenssive as anything out there, and more than most, but after several years of daily use of a color mini, then trying another brand... well, ridgid's are just better.
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I looked at the easy cam at the pumper show last year and my thoughts were the being able to fix it yourself part of the camera was cool, but the size of the camera head and spring assembly looked awful long and big, looked easy to get stuck in a pipe, Im gald i did not buy one and saved my money and bought a camera that is better built and more reliable. in Sewer Cameras you will get what you pay for, I once saw a sign in a tattoo shop that read, Good Tattoos are NOT Cheap and Cheap Tattoos are not good, and that kind of holds true to anything from the low ball drain cleaner to sewer cameras, or anything you buy.

Comment

Originally posted by rhinorooter View Post
                    I looked at the easy cam at the pumper show last year and my thoughts were the being able to fix it yourself part of the camera was cool, but the size of the camera head and spring assembly looked awful long and big, looked easy to get stuck in a pipe, Im gald i did not buy one and saved my money and bought a camera that is better built and more reliable. in Sewer Cameras you will get what you pay for, I once saw a sign in a tattoo shop that read, Good Tattoos are NOT Cheap and Cheap Tattoos are not good, and that kind of holds true to anything from the low ball drain cleaner to sewer cameras, or anything you buy.
                    Next on the list is UEMSI pro cam did you get to see one at the pumper cleaner show. Banks just not lending . I see video of them pushing out to 180 feet.
                    Rod

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                      Next on the list is UEMSI pro cam did you get to see one at the pumper cleaner show. Banks just not lending . I see video of them pushing out to 180 feet.
                      How much are you planning on investing to not buy a SeeSnake.

Scooter $$
                      South Coast Equipment $$
                      Easy Cam $$
                      UEMSI $$

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        How much are you planning on investing to not buy a SeeSnake.

Scooter $$
                        South Coast Equipment $$
                        Easy Cam $$
                        UEMSI $$

Mark
                        Been looking 9 -10 grand for a Seesnake is a lot for me best I can do now is 4k Don't trust used cams because I don't know who was useing them or abusing them. To much risk. If I had that much cash to buy a Seesnake second. Money is hard to come buy in this area.
                        Tried a good size down payment dam bank still said no! I want a race horse but all I can afford is a goat.
                        Rod

Comment

But times are hard all over so it's a good time to buy a used seesnake, 4k will pull in a color reel camera and a vhs color monitor, use it then buy a sony dvd recorder for a mere $300 and your set, don't like used well not much can burn you because you can send in your camera head for $900 for a rebuilt in the worst case, if the used needs a retermination theres another $300, if the vhs monitor goes out who cares you are just using it as a power source and can use the sony as your monitor. Don't be scared of used just abused. When I first started out camera wise I bought the mini color off ebay it got me going great, made money then moved up.
                          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Here is another way with 1k-4k to get a system look at
                            http://craiglook.com/
                            type in ridgid camera or rigid camera (since most fools leave out the d when they post) or just seesnake you will see a lot of BW camers for around a thousand and it goes higher for color, craigslist ads do not have the safety that ebay has but the prices are less and maybe one is near you to pick up. I search it every day because I will always buy a good deal to further my business, but camera wise.... Ridgid is the best ( great now I will have to fight with you guys on my secret buying spot)
                            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

clog

one thing that has worked for me is to place a wanted to buy add. i post under the sell headers. post in large towns around you as far as you will drive. make each post a little bit different. craigslist grumps if they are identical. change them out daily to stay at top of list. post in free papers. different lists online. be creative. breid................

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                                I did not look at the uemsi cameras because i had an acquaintance that said he had one and was not happy with it so i did not bother looking at it, Have you looked at an aries seeker I Own 2 of them and have been very happy with them, easy to push the full 200 feet depending on the pipe type and condition, and i use mine almost every day and it usually in orangburg pipe that is rough on cameras. and I dont think they are quite as much as a see snake, i think www.usabluebook has them for 7-8 grand depending on what bells and whistles you are looking for, see if aries has a distributor in your area maybe they have a demo model you could pick up for less, that is how i afforded my first aries seeker.

Comment

Working...
                                X