Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Spartan bailed out my K-60....again.

Not sure what's wrong with my (used K-60 good shape) Couple of things; One, ever since I got it, the forward/reverse switch is backward, no big deal but strange. Two, when i'm pulling out in reverse, it just doesn't seem to have the same power as going in. Infact it will bog down to a certain point and switch directions atomanically. It will go back and forth several times if i'm stuck. A couple of times the cable got totally stuck, so I made an adapter to fit my Spartan 300 cable onto the sectional cable and got the sectional out with the Spartan 300 machine. I really like the machine for the roofs but do not like getting stuck. Oh yeah,this was with a small sharktooth cutter. Any ideas? Belt maybe needs adjustment or replacement? New machine time?

Re: My Spartan bailed out my K-60....again.

Just asking here but you know the cable feeds in from the smallest part of the handle side right? The end with the grab handle is the entry point. If you are putting the cable thru the right way then someone may have wired it up wrong
    And also I never use reverse unless totally stuck, when I bring the cable out it is in forward maybe thats why you are having problems. If using reverse with the 7/8th cable it will wrap up inside the pipe. The biggest secret in using the K-60 is to just slap down on the handle real fast for just a second to get the cable to jump or find it's way this also works for getting unstuck in forward or maybe for a second in reverse.
    Last edited by Cuda; 12-06-2009, 02:12 AM.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Have you thought about sending it in for a check up ?

Comment

mine doesn't change directions by it's self. if it did i would pimp slap it, then send it in, also. www.allenjcoleman.com works for me. you are in diego you might want to find somebody closer. breid...........

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
          mine doesn't change directions by it's self. if it did i would pimp slap it, then send it in, also. www.allenjcoleman.com works for me. you are in diego you might want to find somebody closer. breid...........
          By the K-60's design nature it has to come to a full stop to even change direction, you must completly stop the motor to even use the reverse switch or else it keeps going in it's current rotation.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I dont use the reverse on mine much at all. That the best part about the K60 simple power!

Comment

Working...
            X