Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
    1-920-284-7471

Comment

Re: Shovel out before service please

Originally posted by appletondrain View Post
      hell you can still see the road ?

Was thinking the same thing . I had ice built up on my wiper blades 45 mph winds my nose was on the steering wheel trying to see out the window. Lucky if I could see 10 feet.
      Rod
      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
      http://unclognh.com
      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Had my first pipe freeze of the season this evening. homeowners left the garage doors open all night, gas heater couldn't keep up. they left this morning and closed the garage doors. in this garage is a nice commercial sink, with an 8 inch spread KWC pre rinse faucet. The homeowner got home at 6pm to discover that the faucet had thawed, and had been spraying water in every direction for several hours.

Originally posted by appletondrain View Post
        I would love a good early pipe freezing season. Very easy work. High dollar pay.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

We had a little weather yesterday.
          Took an hour and a half to cover the 10 miles home

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
            Last year we had a lot of snow....I hate snow. last year I really never asked if they were shoveled out. This year No shoveled out access to basement door or home no service. Last year and years past I would toss my machines on a sled and pull it to the door. I'm getting older. People complain about how much it costs even after dragging equipment through their yards 1 to 3 feet of snow. They can shovel out were not in the 1800s anymore everyone has snow blowers grandkids or family members etc.
            This year no more dragging machines through 3 feet of snow.
            No more dragging machines through the snow for me

Picture from last year. Here we go again another winter.
            Don't understand. You're other thread wants to know where all the calls went then in this one you're talking about pushing work toward your customers?

Slow time, I'd say give better service than your competitor and clear the way for your equipment and maybe a path on their sidewalk. Include any costs in your standard price.

P.S. I never have to deal with snow like that. Feel your pain.

J.C.

Comment

yup...

froze my butt off and fingers cold jetting ice and roots after dark at -5 or so this pm... cutomer called me at 8 AM, couldn't get there 'til 5:30... not his fault... did my dark thirty freezing numbfinger time, no extra charge, could have waited til tomorrow, esp as they've be froze rooted since Sunday and didn't call until today...

but lets face it...

it's called SERVICE
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Its official 14” of snow Tuesday night to Wednesday morning, then drifting to 4-6’. Happy Happy Joy Joy.

On a lighter note my Stool Bus handles very good in 6-8” of snow. It helps she weights 18000 +
                Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                1-920-284-7471

Comment

Working...
                X