Rootranger forward nozzle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rootranger forward nozzle

with the forward nozzle will the rr still have enough flow to cut roots forward and backward?

and where can you purchase a forward nozzle?

Re: Rootranger forward nozzle

The new root rangers have a hole to add the front nozzle. But it will cut down the pulling force and cutting by 15% so most times you dont use it but it is nice to have the option.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

not sure if ridgid sells the front jet. otherwise it comes out of austrailla.

bill from austrailla can post a link or pm you

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

They are $36 plus freight. US $ would be around $44 delivered. It is an M3 thread with a 3mm Alan key insert made from hardened stainless. I have several plumbers who swear by them.
        If someone wants to test one I will send one demo insert no charge and you can report back on what you think. Who's up?
        Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
        Albert Einstein

Comment

[QUOTE=bill2601;267834]They are $36 plus freight. US $ would be around $44 delivered. It is an M3 thread with a 3mm Alan key insert made from hardened stainless. I have several plumbers who swear by them.
          If someone wants to test one I will send one demo insert no charge and you can report back on what you think. Who's up?[/QUOTThank you for the offer Bill,I'd like to give one a spin.

Comment

Great! PM me your address and I'll send one in the morning.
            Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
            Albert Einstein

Comment

me too me too

bill, my jetter is 3000-3500# 5.6 gpm 18h.p.

the front jet will allow some excess flow to vent. i think i can still up my rear jet some.

what is the standard rr jetted at? 4- 4.5?

i think i can still push a front jet and a 5. rear nozzle correct with 1/4'' id x 150'?

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

[QUOTE=bill2601;267834]They are $36 plus freight. US $ would be around $44 delivered. It is an M3 thread with a 3mm Alan key insert made from hardened stainless. I have several plumbers who swear by them.
                QUOTE]

You have a link to this?
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  me too me too

bill, my jetter is 3000-3500# 5.6 gpm 18h.p.

the front jet will allow some excess flow to vent. i think i can still up my rear jet some.

what is the standard rr jetted at? 4- 4.5?

i think i can still push a front jet and a 5. rear nozzle correct with 1/4'' id x 150'?

rick.
                  I already put a plug in to Bill for you.
                  Thanks for asking about the LPM/GPM's
                  My Ridgid KJ-3000 as you know caps out at 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                    I already put a plug in to Bill for you.
                    Thanks for asking about the LPM/GPM's
                    My Ridgid KJ-3000 as you know caps out at 4.0
                    Mine is a toy at 3000psi and only 3.5 gpm.
                    Even with such a small jetter the RR is quite impressive.
                    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

mine is 5.5 at 3000PSI
                      Last edited by appletondrain; 12-15-2009, 10:58 AM. Reason: correct PSI
                      Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                      1-920-284-7471

Comment

I'm going to order a forward nozzle after Christmas. I'm interested to see how it preforms with my 3.5 gpm. I think it will work just fine as right now it has plenty of pull/power.

It think it will also make for an excellent ice thawing head with the forward jet. Right now I "poke" a hole through the ice but a lot is left on the walls of the pipe so I have to go back in with a 6 reverse head to get the walls.
                        I think the Root Ranger could do that all in one trip.

Comment

We can always reduce your Turbine insert from the standard .055 to a .045 or .035 to match your flow and pressure.

I can't find it on our web site. Must have been left off when the site was upgraded. Will get it fixed tomorrow.
                          Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                          X