Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: nozzels

Hi Jerad

100' of 1/8" is far too long unless you need it for a special purpose. It gives you massive pressure drop as you have experienced. The longest run we recommend is 20m (60'). There again 10m (30') gets just about every job done without all the pressure drop.

You can only try the 1/8" nozzle from Ridgid but its flow is 1/4 of your pump spec and your test say you need 2x that size. If you can't test the nozzle and return it, get one custom made.

It will probably work as it will boost your pressure which is what you're lacking on this drain jetter.

We make 1/8" nozzles for our jetters that are for 5.5gpm 4300 - 5000 psi with 200' 1/4", 200' 3/16" and 60' 1/8" in line and the nozzle on the end of the 1/8" hose is the same as we use on the 1/4" and 3/16" hose! Works a treat, saves us making 3 differentnozzles, go figure!
    Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
    Albert Einstein

Comment

jered, did you have a nozzle on the end of the hose?

the easiest way is to cap a 4'' x 5' long pipe and stand it up over a bucket to catch all the waste water. you need the foot pedal on for both safety and for the realistic flow rates. also hold on tight to the pipe or it will launch into outer space, possibly uranus.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I commissioned a technical company make us a flow/pressure/temp/force tester 2 years ago. It prints all the specs on a graph sheet just like a dyo for a car. Cost us $10k, very fancy with a telephone book for a manual. Do you think I can make it work! I will take a few days off work and not return till I can get it going, meanwhile, the $2 bucket and a $30 pressure reader works just fine!
        Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
        Albert Einstein

Comment

no. i don't have any nozzels at this time. that is why i have the question and did the test into a bucket. and yes i used a ridged foot pedal.

i got the 100 foot of 1/8 because here the houses are very long at times. i could always go with a shorter one and then use the longer one when i need it.
          Last edited by Jerad; 01-20-2010, 12:26 AM.
          the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Why not just use 3/16" hose with 1/4" threads? More flow/power, more nozzle choice, etc.
            Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

Bill does your web site apply currency exchange when it figures out the price? Also do out of country people have to pay the vat? (tax)
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

No VAT or GST. We give you 10% off for buying online and your credit card with automatically work out the price. Shipping is around 5 days and costs about $40.
                Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

Bill can the 1/2" root ranger be jetted for 2500psi 18-20 GPM. ?
                  Can I buy a second tip for just doing 10GPM ?
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Sure can. I am going away for 2 days now. PM your details and I will get back to you on Friday.
                    Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by bill2601 View Post
                      Why not just use 3/16" hose with 1/4" threads? More flow/power, more nozzle choice, etc.

bill, i want it to go into 1.5 inch drains with miltiple bends without problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
                        bill, i want it to go into 1.5 inch drains with miltiple bends without problems.
                        Cast iron or plastic pipe?
                        Jerad really read the posts Ace has made he uses a jetter inside as his first tool! I use a snake to poke a hole then I come back and jet the greasy rusty 1.5" lines.
                        Ace is the madman! Of inside jetting so read what he wants read what he uses and find his video he made on here of inside kitchen jetting it will teach you a lot. You need to get a tip and try it out so you know what you are getting into, inside 1.5" iron lines with bends are not easy and takes time to get a working system but Ace has already done the hard work to prefect it for you.
                        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

oh i know Ace and his system. the problem with the portable inside jettter is that i have yet to see a regular faucet here in many years. they are all sprayers. you know the fancy kind. even mine is like that no way to put an adaptor on it. i'd have to run a hose from some where the washer is in the basement? so using my gas jetter outside with a jumper to the foot pedal makes the most since. don't you think?

Comment

jered, don't even think about putting your 5.5gpm jetter into a 1.5'' sink line. unless you want to mop up waste water.

throttling down the engine is actually hard on a gas engine as it puts a load on it, yet it still needs the rpm's to properly circulate cooling air.

small lines require smaller equipment. you don't run a 1500 or 7500 down a kitchen.

unless you have an outside c/o, it's going to be messy with a big jetter.

there is a simple trick, you install a tee and ball valve to relieve some flow to the outside. otherwise the unloader will just circulate hot water on every pass.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

A diversion valve is a good idea! Also consider a single phase electric Jetter.
                              Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

i just ordered some nozzels from aqua mole. nice guys. i'll have to tell you how it goes when i get them. i'm going to do my whole house and my moms. i'm going to be using the micro drain to see what it looks like before and after.

Comment

Working...
                                X