nozzels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nozzels

besides the warthog/rootranger. what are your favorite nozzels in 1/8 and 1/4? i was thinking of gettting aquamoles kits in both those sizes. do any of you use the rotor/spinning ones or just the buttons?
    Last edited by Jerad; 12-17-2009, 07:52 AM.
    the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Re: nozzels

What is your GPM?

Comment

I used the Viking nozzle set which where all the button style and a spinner. At first I did not think the spinner did much. Then I was on this job and made multiple passes with the button style nozzles till the water ran crystal clear. Then for grins I tossed on the high speed rotating nozzle and to my surprise more debris was coming out of the drain, not just darker water but huge chunks of scale and hardened soap/grease deposits that where in the shape of the pipe.

Viking got out of the jetter business a while back when a bunch of guys where making super cheap cart jetters and they just couldn't compete. Which is sad since theirs where by far the best I ever used. There is two other nozzles I really like. One is by Ridgid. Its the H-44 drop head nozzle. And the other is the General's nozzle with the bulb spring on the front.

There where two nozzles that Viking had that I can no longer find but where great. First one was a perfectly round ball, no edges to get snagged on it also had 6 jets back one forward. The other was a button nozzle with a 1/2" long spring attached to the front with a light weight ball attached to the spring, it helped the nozzle to "float" over the debris in the line.

Attached Files
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      Ron's Facebook
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

to me the spinner are a waste. they make a lot of noise and sound impressive, but they turn your strong stream on water into a fog of water. no real impact. the warthog is a slow rotation that keeps the impact strong.

i too like the general spring nozzle for the small lines. makes them easy to turn tight corners.

don't own the ridgid drop head. but i do own the general drop head. basically the spring is loose and drops down. just like the cable drop heads.

problem is the general i have are hardened steel and rust. don't know if they are now stainless or not.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

[QUOTE=SewerRatz;268220]There where two nozzles that Viking had that I can no longer find but where great. First one was a perfectly round ball, no edges to get snagged on it also had 6 jets back one forward.

US Jetting still makes something like this.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
            What is your GPM?

5.5 gal 3,500 psi

Comment

We make a round nozzle with 8 rear jets at 20 degrees and no front jet for maximum thrust and the ability to clean the side wall of the pipe effectively.
              Attached Files
              Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
              Albert Einstein

Comment

My favorite nozzle? It has to be the 'Root Rat'. It is not the spinning version you have. I named that years ago not knowing there was another nozzle out there with the same name.

It features one countersunk front jet, 3 rear jets behind the nose at 45 deg for cutting deep into the blockage and 3 rear jets at the back of the nozzle at 30 degrees for thrust and cleaning.

The main advantage is those 3 jets just behind the nose. They start digging into the blockage straight away without waiting for the whole nozzle to pass through the choke. It's still our best seller!

Works from 4.5gpm to 6gpm and 3000psi to 6000psi.
                Attached Files
                Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Favorite 1/8" Nozzle is the 'Compressor'. Comes in 3 jet configurations but the best is the 6R1F. It is tiny yet powerful. We use it on the end of our 20m 1/8" whip hose for urinals and floor waste drains.

We also have a tapered adaptor so it can screw on to a 1/4" male thread so you can use it on your 1/4" hoses for extra performance.

The best little attachment we have made for the Comnpressor is the 'Bullet'. I know it is quick release, for those of you who are still living in the past, but the extra extension on the adaptor before the cone helps the nozzle to dig deep into the blockage. I was talking to an experienced drain cleaner from 'Drains R Us' yesterday who said that this it the only penetrating nozzle he has/will use and he's tried them all!
                  Attached Files
                  Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by bill2601 View Post
                    We make a round nozzle with 8 rear jets at 20 degrees and no front jet for maximum thrust and the ability to clean the side wall of the pipe effectively.
                    So do you make one of these round ones to work on a 1/2" hose 1600 PSI @ 12 - 16 GPM? Also one at 3000PSI @ 5 GPM?
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    Ron's Facebook
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

No, there is no demand in Australia just yet but if I can sell a few more US Jetters over here them maybe we will start making them.
                      Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

Fly some of us 'yanks' on a field trip your way and I am certain we can iron out some leads!!(At the very least supply a fact finding mission to the bars to see if the lasses
                        really like a Yankee accent!)
                        I grill a mean dinner and a rocking breakfast!

Comment

Originally posted by bill2601 View Post

those round ones come in 1/8"? for about 2gpm at about 1kpsi? what diameter are they?

I don't need 8 back if you need to open the holes up to keep from breaking drills... 3-6 back and one forward is good for me.

I like a round profile.

I like a short axial length, with the threads recessed up into the body, so the unflexible length of the assy stays as short as possible.
                          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

The Compressor 1/8" I mentioned earlier will work. Comes standard 6R or 6R1F or 3R1F.

How many do you want?
                            Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

i'm just tested my jetter. ( rated at 5.5gpm. i don't have a psi gauge so i don't know the psi loss but it is set at 3,500 psi.)

filled a 5 gal bucket in a min.
                              it is 5 gpm with 250 ft of 1/4 hose

it is 2.5 gpm with 100 ft of 1/8 hose

i'm looking at the ridged 1/8 nozzels. not sure if i should get the ones on page 12.37. they are rated for 1.4 gpm or should i order from somewhere else?
                              i'd like the ones on page 12.39 as they ar rated for my gpm but i would have to use a bushing to make them work.

another thing on page 12.41 will those holes push 5 gpm or only 4 gpm?

Comment

Working...
                              X