X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Drum Machine?

We use ours every day so rust is not a problem but if we have one set for a while and rust starts it will slow the cable feed down. As Rick said, try some oil. I use WD-40 when I do oil the cable.
    Now you also need to check your feeder bearings. We replace ours about every 3 months but like I said ours get a lot of use.

And Rick is also right that the K-60 dosent have that problem, You have to hand feed the K-60
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I do oil every day “WD40” and I have also hand feed the whole 100’ and power feed the 100’ same thing? I must be a stubborn SOB because I bought a old K60 and have not even used it in the 4-6 months I have had it. Just a paper weight in my stoolbus, bearings are great
      Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
      1-920-284-7471

Comment

My Dad always said the one that was payed for was the best one to own, (actually that applied to most any thing)
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by appletondrain View Post
          I do oil every day “WD40” and I have also hand feed the whole 100’ and power feed the 100’ same thing? I must be a stubborn SOB because I bought a old K60 and have not even used it in the 4-6 months I have had it. Just a paper weight in my stoolbus, bearings are great
          Well you got something wrong then. How old is it? how old are the bearings?
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

If I wasn't trained on Spartan I most likely would of owned a K7500. I would of ran out of patience real quick with defective air switches though.

I've had mine for years without failure on my Spartan, works in all temperatures.

I believe in the plastic drum idea but I've never had a problem with overlapping inside the drum, with the exception of that "one" time I posted about it on here about how I jammed my cable up inside the machine in 2007.

That was an extremely hard kink that wouldn't pull though. I got it out, put a new cable in and the rest was history.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I have a general . It spins the cable fine but we have had trouble with the auto feed and getting 100' of 3/4 innercore back in the drum. we would let the cable rust up pretty good between jobs that may have something to do with it. I'm not a big fan of it. I think for drum machines I would go with sled style machines. They have big drums and can handle 125' of cable with ease.

Comment

i use the gorlitz 68,

it holds 150 feet comfortably (you can squeeze in another 25 uncomfortably)

you can run out 150 feet, pull off the empty reel, put on a full reel, attach the two cables and run out another 150 feet for 300 feet total. i ran 400 feet of cable one time 13 years ago. i've run 200 to 250 ft runs maybe 5 times in the past 15 years. i jet anything over 150 feet now.

enclosed drum is an option. I use the open reels (with tent for inside) so rust is not an issue.

feeder bearings need to be changed one to two times a year.

belt needs to be changed about every two years.

bad: Its heavy at about 240 and its long. I use a ramp and winch to pull it into the van.

good: Its reliable and powerful.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

ive been trained on spartan and have only used spartan for over 33yrs.
                  they have made me alot of moola !!!!!! i prefer the drum machine,

Comment

I think the large pro models are all pretty good some have features that others don't but are lacking in others. I have a Spartan 1065 which I use for 200ftt runs in 4" or 6-8" lines I love it but it doesn't have wheel locks like my General maxi has. Bi=ut the Spartan has the best feed I have ever used. Mytana Gorlitz Ridgid 7500 the list goes on and on. If used you will buy whatever is the best at a good price. I am now putting a Spartan feed on My General machine.
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

anybody know if the general speedrooter 91 will hold 125" feet of 3/4 cable? i cant find anywhere that sells that long of cable for the general rooter 91. any ideas? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jjscleaning View Post
                        anybody know if the general speedrooter 91 will hold 125" feet of 3/4 cable? i cant find anywhere that sells that long of cable for the general rooter 91. any ideas? thanks
                        Drums:
                        Large drum holds 100 ft. x 3/4" cable. (30 m x 19 mm).
                        Optional small drum holds 100 ft. x 1/2" cable (30 m x 12.7 mm).

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                          I think the large pro models are all pretty good some have features that others don't but are lacking in others. I have a Spartan 1065 which I use for 200ftt runs in 4" or 6-8" lines I love it but it doesn't have wheel locks like my General maxi has. Bi=ut the Spartan has the best feed I have ever used. Mytana Gorlitz Ridgid 7500 the list goes on and on. If used you will buy whatever is the best at a good price. I am now putting a Spartan feed on My General machine.
                          Would you post a thread about that when you get it done? I'd like to do the same thing with mine.
                          www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Does anyone own the Trojan machine & use it. Almost a copy of Spartan machines.

http://www.trojantoolmfg.com/

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

It is a copy of the Spartan. I own one of their battery operated Colts (spartan 100) It works really well. The guy that started Trojan Tool used to make the bases for Spartan. At least that is what they told me when they first appeared at the Waste Hauler show.

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                              Does anyone own the Trojan machine & use it. Almost a copy of Spartan machines.

http://www.trojantoolmfg.com/

Thanks.

J.C.
                              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                                It is a copy of the Spartan. I own one of their battery operated Colts (spartan 100) It works really well. The guy that started Trojan Tool used to make the bases for Spartan. At least that is what they told me when they first appeared at the Waste Hauler show.
                                Seems like I recall a not-so-positive review of the battery operated model.

Just to confirm, you think it's a good option to consider?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                                X