Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Successful Marketing, what's your secret?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Successful Marketing, what's your secret?

I have found a really successful way of finding new clients honestly! In the past when a plumber has finished his job he has to drop a company flyer 5 up and 5 down in the surrounding property letterboxes. This flyer says that we are working in your street and now might be a great time to get something fixed while we are in the area.

Very poor conversion rate.

Now we actually knock on the doors in the street, introduce ourselves and say that we were just working for Mrs Jones at number 24 repairing her leaking toilet and ask them if they have anything that needs repairing. We also mention that they will save on the Service Call because we are already here.

The prospective customer has now made a connection with a smiling face and with Mrs Jones who obviously trusts us enough to use us and they have been given a special offer of No Service Call.

This connection with a new customer is priceless! 3 out of 10 give us a job on the spot, 5 out of 10 call us back within the week asking if the No Service Call offer is still valid, and I imagine the rest of them just don't need a plumber or have someone they have used for years.

Sure, you drop the service call, but that is about the cost to find a new client for us. ($66) Then you get to keep the client! (Along with a regular newsletter etc.)

We are never putting flyers into a letter box again. I call it the 'recycle bin'!!!

We also try to make every client a 'Raving Fan'. I bought the book when I was over at the Nashville Show years ago and read it on the loooong plane trip home. Highly recommend reading it!
    Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
    Albert Einstein

Re: Successful Marketing, what's your secret?

I would do it if I had no work at all but I would feel like I was begging and feel like I belittled myself. My pride gets in the way all the time. I spend my time keeping my trucks looking clean and nice and makes sure we are seen all over town. I was going to do some mailers but I`m just to damn lazy to get up off my a$$. I just set and complain how bad things are when we are slow. Most of the time I work on the internet profiles we have and make sure that the search engine s can find us fast. I know I need to do better marketing but I just cant go knocking on doors. However it is a good way to get your foot in the door. 2 thumbs up and I`m glad it works for you.
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

i've never gone door to door. customers have always come to me.

i've always thought that if i look needy then people will take advantage of that.

i'm probably wrong about this.

lately i've been thinking of going door to door to apartment complexes, restaurants, etc. to see what happens.

i'm happy to hear its working for you.

i may try it when business is slow.

thanks for the idea.
      Last edited by HebertDrainCare; 12-18-2009, 08:40 PM. Reason: thought

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

I work in a lot of small towns. Just do a good job and word of mouth comes natural.
        Never under sell my services. If they are not willing to pay I'm not willing to do the work.
        Everyone they called to do it cheaper some how I get called in when they can't clear it.
        Favorite customer saying. "But Mr. Handy said he would only charge me $50 bucks"
        My reply did he clear it? NO..Well what did you expect for $50 bucks and a hand crank snake.
        Last edited by UnClogNH; 12-18-2009, 08:45 PM.
        Rod
        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
        http://unclognh.com
        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

my marketing secrets...

answer the phone.

show up when I say I will.

do the job, or refer them to someone who can.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

On Tuesday evenings, I go to the local Courthouse and hand out candy while wearing a thong and a hat made of tinfoil.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              On Tuesday evenings, I go to the local Courthouse and hand out candy while wearing a thong and a hat made of tinfoil.

J.C.
              And how's that working out for you?
              The Other Rick

Comment

J.C.
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                  Alex,
                  Do you really want to see that?
                  The Other Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rick1643 View Post
                    And how's that working out for you?
                    Who could forget that!

Of course, you get strange calls for some reason.

J.C.

Comment

J.C.
                      Great, there goes dinner.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

[QUOTE]We are never putting flyers into a letter box again. I call it the 'recycle bin'!!! [QUOTE]

So my boss had an idea to advertise special we did last year. He had a photographer come in and take my picture holding a handful of hundred dollar bills. The add said that you can save money. I think we just wasted paper. Those who have seen me can vouch that I am not an eye catcher... I think 10,000 went out to Plumbing companies and I got a whole five calls...lol. I meet most of my customers through trade shows. As you pointed out face to face contact. Yeah we get some from the radio commercials and magazines but the face to face interaction with potential customers is what really works

Comment

My first year in business I spent on the radio and newspaper. The radio was costly and the return was little. I have had the best luck in the smaller fish rap newspaper.

Your marketing budget should match your income. I do hate the RR radio I hear every morning.

Doing good work at a fair up front price seems to work the best.

Dont look like you have been cleaning sewer all day helps too. I love the other septic guy, he look like he fell off bike on the way to school everyday.

Comment

most successful marketing is having your customers market you

do a good job at a good price and the rest is history.

actually with all the scams in town, when someone finds an honest plumber, they tell their friends

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

A successfull business is due to recommendation 80% of my work is from regulars recommending me and I`ve run my small business since 1972 and I haven`t starved, I also concentrate on working in certain suburbs close the home which is my base what the point in spending hours travelling to and from a job when you can just go around the corner for the same amount.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X