X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetter foot valve

My foot valve went bad one of those yellow ones, As I look at the ridgid foot valve rated to 3000psi and 12 GPM I notice it has 1/4" elbows My current is 3/8 and 1/4" My question is it seems like a restriction? I would like it to be min. of 3/8 or 1/2" even better. Am I just being dumb about the 1/4" restriction for my flow? I mean I want my full 10GPM. But the larger foot pedals I see are a lot of money $700ish. Right now I am using a pressure washer gun that is 3/8 on both ends.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Jetter foot valve

they are rated 3000 at 12. i just ordered one. i had the same questions. i talked to Marv and that is what the specs are.
    the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
      My foot valve went bad one of those yellow ones, As I look at the ridgid foot valve rated to 3000psi and 12 GPM I notice it has 1/4" elbows My current is 3/8 and 1/4" My question is it seems like a restriction? I would like it to be min. of 3/8 or 1/2" even better. Am I just being dumb about the 1/4" restriction for my flow? I mean I want my full 10GPM. But the larger foot pedals I see are a lot of money $700ish. Right now I am using a pressure washer gun that is 3/8 on both ends.
      $700.00? I've seen 12gpm @5000 for around $200.00. Your gun maybe 3/8 in/out but what size is the internal orifice?
      Last edited by VMC; 12-19-2009, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VMC View Post
        $700.00? I've seen 12gpm @5000 for around $200.00. Your gun maybe 3/8 in/out but what size is the internal orifice?
        You miss understand I think, the $700 foot valves are 1/2" inlet and outlet. The cheap foot valves ($200) are 1/4" and 3/8"
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

i've rebuilt/ replaced my foot valve, valve before.

it's nothing more than a pressure washer spray gun stripped of the external parts.

for $15. i have a brand new valve assy.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I saw the repair kit but I am wondering about the restriction of the 1/4" fitting. I am willing to spend the money if it helps.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Cuda,
              I'm not a fluids engineer, but I would not worry about the 1/4' fitting.

A) If the mfg has rated it for 12 gpm and you are only going to 10gpm then it should work, if you trust the mfg.
              B) the 1/4" fitting is larger than the nozzel(s) you are using so it should provide full flow of the 10gpm. When the 1/4" gets to be 100's of feet then it becomes a concern because of friction loss.

Comment

I wondered the same thing and the owner of the pressure washer store here in signal hill said no worries about losing pressure and volume on my 4kpsi 6gpm machine. I paid 150ish, he said it went for 200 but gave me a deal cuz I kept asking about prices and bought some extra items.
                Fwiw, he had a cheaper one, it was yellow, I'll post a pic of mine in a min.

Comment

My new foot pedal.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The green gray one is what I have for 3/8" hose and less, the yellow one I use for 1/4" and less. even the green gray one is a restriction to 1/2" hose you have to step up to a 12 plus gpm foot pedal for the big trailer jetters. I don't use a foot pedal anymore anyway, I just use the on/off flow valve on the jetter or I use the ball valve on the jumper hose real if going remote. The foot pedals add an extra jumper hose to the work area and it is another hose to leak inside so I just stopped using one you don't need a foot valve.
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

If anyone needs one of those Suttner yellow 3000 psi - 8gpm I have a brand new one, never used, I don't need. I bought two to get a better price, only need one. PM me.

Comment

Working...
                      X