Just my luck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just my luck

I was finally approved for a loan On the funds needed to buy a sewer camera. Now I just found out the city has bought a camera and offers this service for free WTF well, That changes that thought and taking the risk on buying a See Snake. To much risk on trying to make the payments where it's hard enough to make money. IMHO the city and towns should not be working on home owner property and stick to city municipal lines.
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Re: Just my luck

Dude -

That so so sucks!!

Guess we can't blame the DIYER'S ANYMORE!!

Seems the city is out to get you

But the bright side is you don't have payments!!

Merry Christmas either way!

Comment

Damn that sucks. Damn.

Comment

Go to your selectman and go to your next town meeting and bring it up.

Who has to pay when the camera gets stuck in someones main?
        Does the towns insurance even cover town employees on private property?

Who pays when an employee brakes his back when he falls through a set of basement stairs? The HO, HOs insurance, or the town?

If their willing to provide a free $10,000 camera then why not free driveway plowing to? Gutter cleaning? lawn mowing? house painting?
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I`d be talking to someone at the city like Gene said. That sucks man, sorry for your bad luck but you might be able to change it if you try
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
            I was finally approved for a loan On the funds needed to buy a sewer camera. Now I just found out the city has bought a camera and offers this service for free WTF well, That changes that thought and taking the risk on buying a See Snake. To much risk on trying to make the payments where it's hard enough to make money. IMHO the city and towns should not be working on home owner property and stick to city municipal lines.
            Oh I also meant to ask:

Did they buy a RIDGID?

Because if they bought anything BUT a RIDGID canmera, you might want to stop on down at the city department and drop off your card and tell them when theirs breaks to call you

Comment

Does the town have such a surplus that they can afford to send employees out to do free work in peoples homes?
              Maybe it's time to reduce taxes or a few employees.

Also whats their true motivation for offering this "free" service?
              Are they really doing it so they can snoop around in the home looking for violations?

What if they find infiltration in the main, will that free inspection turn into a FORCED $1000-$5000 repair bill for the HO?

Why should MR. Smith, that just paid $5000 to replace his line and has no need for this service, have to pay (via taxes) for Mrs. jones sewer inspection?

Did the Voters or even the town council even get a chance to voice their opinion on this policy.

Is there even a policy?

I could go on and on with questions/scenarios that they have never even considered. This "free" service could open up a can of worms for the town and citizens.

I'd nip this in the bud as fast as you can before it has a chance to catch on.
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                Oh I also meant to ask:

Did they buy a RIDGID?

Because if they bought anything BUT a RIDGID canmera, you might want to stop on down at the city department and drop off your card and tell them when theirs breaks to call you
                Not sure of the camera make I did hear the push rod is yellow. So I don't think it's Ridgid
                Rod

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                  Does the town have such a surplus that they can afford to send employees out to do free work in peoples homes?
                  Maybe it's time to reduce taxes or a few employees.

Also whats their true motivation for offering this "free" service?
                  Are they really doing it so they can snoop around in the home looking for violations?

What if they find infiltration in the main, will that free inspection turn into a FORCED $1000-$5000 repair bill for the HO?

Why should MR. Smith, that just paid $5000 to replace his line and has no need for this service, have to pay (via taxes) for Mrs. jones sewer inspection?

Did the Voters or even the town council even get a chance to voice their opinion on this policy.

Is there even a policy?

I could go on and on with questions/scenarios that they have never even considered. This "free" service could open up a can of worms for the town and citizens.

I'd nip this in the bud as fast as you can before it has a chance to catch on.
                  As far as I know it was federal grant money . Nothing was on the budget list for purchases as far as our tax dollars went. So far they don't have any kind of rooter machines just flat push rod. What next free sewer cleanings. I hope not. City should not be touching anything no city property. And if my tax dollars went to buying it I want to use it to. I bet I can take better care of it.
                  Rod

Comment

A yellow push rod, it may be an aries seeker, I have 2 of them good Cameras, but it sounds like this one is the hands of the wrong people!!

Comment

I bet they brake it in one year hope after warrantee. Because this town has no money.
                      Rod

Comment

Want action?

Take the information to the people that were running against the local elected officials but lost.

And to the local news.

J.C.

Comment

Maybe the city is trying to get rid of shared side sewers or federal money to find leaking sewer drains. Either way they will break it! And besides charging for camera work you make money using it to find other work that needs to be done. And also cuts down on nightmare snaking jobs and call backs. Faster in and done on problem lines.
                          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

About 3 weeks ago I augured and video inspected a line. Turned out we needed an excavator out. I say we because I was on the job for another plumber. A few days later after miss dig and permits were pulled I was schedualed to inspect the line while the excavators had it opened up. Well the plumber called me and said the city was out videoing the line. I showed up and made it clear it was my job I was schedualed to be there and I didn't need the city doing my job. I'm on good terms with the city guys, and we had the situation cleared up. They had major work done in the area so any trouble people have on that small street the city tries to be more then helpful because there is a good chance it's the cities fault.

Anyway I was assured they would not be making this a normal practice.

But it sucks your town is getting into the video inspection biz. I would certainly make it to the town hall meetings and make your position known. I would also have them out on every sewer I did. Until they got sick of videoing.

Comment

The City of Naperville has been televising home owners sewers at no cost to the home owner for years. I was going to get into the relining of sewer systems, the year we got approved for the equipment for relining, I found out that Naperville has been installing clean outs on the home owners property 15 from the house, power rodding the sewers with 6" cutters, then lining the sewers from the clean out to the city sewer.

There is no way I could compete with that.
                              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                              Ron's Facebook
                              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                              X