X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Kinetic Water Ram any good?

I was just wondering if anyone has the inside scoop on the Kinetic Water Ram?

Re: Is the Kinetic Water Ram any good?

some swear by them and most swear at them

if you're interested in 1, i have one sitting on the shelf with the rest of my cr@p

i suggest you try it with dirty clothes

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

That is the way it seems. I read the old threads about them, I was just looking for any new and exciting info. . If you are interested in selling it, send me a pm with the details. Merry Christmas on the left coast.

Comment

I also have a brand new one sitting on the shelf at the school district. I don't care for it at all! I've been sprayed with urine in the face and splattered with poop! A waste of money, but i wasn't the one that ordered it.

Comment

I have one and think drains should be actually cleaned out but there have been times where there is a cross in the wall somewhere and I can't snake the clog, well out comes the water ram! I do not keep it in my truck to force me to try everything and as a last resort use the ram!
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

One of the best troubleshooting tools ever, as long as you know its limits and such. Many tiumes I seen guys go all out with it and make a huge mess.

I use it all the time to get a lav, tub, and kitchen sink line draining down, then I still power rod the line to ensure any solids are broken up and washed out.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

we call it the super soaker, but it does work for lavs or tub drains. Make sure it is sealed in the drain. I wouldn't use it on anything else, unless you like the taste of ____.

Comment

Thanks for the info., I was especially interested in how well it would work blowing that soft wad of tp out of the baffle area of a septic tank. I am pretty sure I have an answer. Merry Christmas.

Comment

I have one like it. It works good. Don't use it much only drum traps piped with galvanized pipe. Problem why many don't like them is because they don't know how to use them. Never use in a urinal
                  Rod
                  MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                  Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                  http://unclognh.com
                  http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I have one as well, only use it as a last resort. It does work as it is advertised. But u need to rap the end you are blasting at with a towel. On bathtubs you need to rap the cone and hold a rag at the vent.

Always start at low psi and work your way.

Keep in mind that to high of a psi will blow old pipes apart.

FYI inform the customer there might be a mess.
                    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                    1-920-284-7471

Comment

I had one years ago. Worked about half the time for me.

The other half, I got pissed on

I ran over it with my truck. Told the boss it was an accident

We never replaced it

Comment

It just seem like a half a$$ tool. Hard to charge for five second worth of work.

Comment

Originally posted by DANE View Post
                          It just seem like a half a$$ tool. Hard to charge for five second worth of work.
                          Don't forget you had to drive there to do the five-second job. I have this problem with customers it only took you 10 minutes or 30 minutes but I still drove an hour to your house or business.
                          Because it was quick is because I know what I'm doing
                          I would pay to watch a home owner use a air ram.
                          Last edited by UnClogNH; 12-24-2009, 01:27 PM.
                          Rod
                          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                          http://unclognh.com
                          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Kinetic water rams are great for shooting 3/4 sweat caps over long distances with fishing line attached to them. (Which you can then pull over a larger line, then a larger line, untill you have a line large enough to hold yourself on a steep roof with.)

I've blown apart drains with them. I've sprayed myself with urine, and other stuff. I've unclogged toilets, lavs, tubs, and yes... urinals. You definitely need to use a towel around the cone.

Mine has sat on a shelf now for a decade unused. I don't believe it does the customer as good a job as a cable.
                            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Geesh, thanks for all the good info.. I am almost sorry I asked. I am sorry you guys had to re-visit painful memories! All in the line of duty, eh?

Comment

Working...
                              X