Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

6" line in the basement 8' above ground which machine would be best for that type of

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6" line in the basement 8' above ground which machine would be best for that type of

Hi everbody here,
    kind of new to the trade need some help figuring out difthis one i am in a industrial building the trap is 8' above ground is there any machine you would rocumend above others

Re: 6" line in the basement 8' above ground which machine would be best for that type

What machines do you have to work with ?

Comment

Re: 6" line in the basement 8' above ground which machine would be best for that type

where is the clean out? access? if you search there are a bunch of pictures of hook ups to do this. breid.............

Comment

depending on the condition of the line/ stopped up or just maintenance?

if the line is not backed up, then a jetter could be the easiest as you're not hauling anything big or heavy into the basement. plus the hose will self feed and you're not fighting a cable. this is great as long as you're not stopped up and you don't flood the place.

assuming the line is plugged up. i've had good luck with my k-60 strapped onto a ladder or the work platform of the little giant.

but in a true full 6'' stoppage, i would attack it with my 1.25'' sectional cable and timberwolf drill. i let the cable lay in the pipe hangers and it will self feed into the drain. i do this on a project monthly with 6'' pipe.

of course a drum machine on the floor requires 250# to be rolled downstairs and back up. along with having to run a guide hose from the machine to the 8' mark. it can be done and that's what i used to do on overhead c/o's. now i do it with the jetter, k-60 or timberwolf

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Use a jetter, hire a company that has a large enough one if you do not.

Comment

Originally posted by TRISTATE View Post
            Hi everbody here,
            kind of new to the trade need some help figuring out difthis one i am in a industrial building the trap is 8' above ground is there any machine you would rocumend above others
            I'd use whatever machine I had, it's not worth buying a machine for one job.

Comment

Working...
            X