• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k 60

hellow 2 u all
    can i use the k60 for cutting roots

Re: k 60

Yes the K 60 is a good root machine
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

welcome to the forum you might be the first from tel aviv. but you list your occupation as a "plumper"

the k-60 is the best all around drain cleaning machine there is. yes it does cut roots very well.

use the search box and type in k-60. or just go to the k-60 thread discussions. there are hundreds of threads on the k-60. and at least half of them are mine

now if you need a k-60 demo, i'm your man

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Dumb question?? Will the K-60 run Electric Eel 1 1/4 sectional cables
        Rod
        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
        http://unclognh.com
        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
          no, it runs the 7/8'' and 5/8'' sectional cables. also bill has had good luck with the drum adapters that were designed for the k-50.

i use 10' x 1.25'' sections in my timberwolf

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

You want a compact machine that can spine the Electric eel 1 1/4 cables go with the Rothenberger R 750 It will spin the 1 1/4 and 7/8 cable with out any changes to the machine, and you can get a snap in collet that will let you do the 5/8 cables as well. Here is the online catalog http://www.rothenberger-usa.com/file...NAL-lo-res.pdf
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            Ron's Facebook
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
              You want a compact machine that can spine the Electric eel 1 1/4 cables go with the Rothenberger R 750 It will spin the 1 1/4 and 7/8 cable with out any changes to the machine, and you can get a snap in collet that will let you do the 5/8 cables as well. Here is the online catalog http://www.rothenberger-usa.com/file...NAL-lo-res.pdf
              Do you own this? Like it better than some other comparable machines?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

I own two of them. If I was wanting a machine I can take on a roof or in a crawl space with me I get the R 750. Around here I do not feel the 7/8" cable would do well in the 100'+ 6" root filled lines. That is why I like the R 750 since it does spin the 1 1/4" cable and it has done it real well for me They say maximum working length of 262' I have gone well over 300' with it. I would recommend the tripod stand for it to help raise it up off the floor a bit more to use on them over head clean outs. Its not really needed but it is a back saver. When I was running off my pickup truck I had just this machine with 3 rands of the 1 1/4 cable 2 rands of the 7/8 cable and 1 rand of the 5/8 cable and a pistol rod. I was able to clear every line out there with this machine. But I tend to like my drum machines a bit more so I switch back and forth.

My brother has one on his truck and the other needs to get fixed, when I was in my roll over accident it ended up with a cracked frame. So that is why I have a K-1500 on my truck now.
                Ron's Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                  Looks good . I have been running the 1 1/4 with a drill for years. Works great in tight spots with more head room. For areas with less head room crawl spaces.
                  That Rothenberger R 750 looks like it will come in handy. Where I can't bring my DM-55 or Gorlitz GO-62. I know Rick will say just buy a K-60 I have 200 + feet of Electric eel 1 1/4 cable.
                  Rod

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I'm thinking like my drill with 1 1/4, K-60 and Rothenberger R 750 you can only go forward and reverse and not sit and clear one spot full of sludge and grease for a few minutes like a drum machine.
                    Rod

Comment

I'm thinking like my drill with 1 1/4, K-60 and Rothenberger R 750 you can only go forward and reverse and not sit and clear one spot full of sludge and grease for a few minutes like a drum machine.
                      Why not?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                        Why not?

J.C.
                        Running the eel cable with a drill is like driving in a long screw it's either go forward or reverse no stop and work that one spot. Back and forth over the clog because the eel cable as the drill spins the cable pulls it's self. This is what kind of sucks about it when your bent over in a crawl space pulling back and forth a back killer. This is where the drum has an advantage working a grease or sludge plug. The drill your moving with the cable. With this Rothenberger R 750 The cable will move back and forth all you do is sit there and run the machine. But not sure is the Rothenberger will hold and spin the cable in one spot.
                        Rod

Comment

Running the eel cable with a drill is like driving in a long screw it's either go forward or reverse no stop and work that one spot. Back and forth over the clog because the eel cable as the drill spins the cable pulls it's self. This is what kind of sucks about it when your bent over in a crawl space pulling back and forth a back killer. This is where the drum has an advantage working a grease or sludge plug. The drill your moving with the cable. With this Rothenberger R 750 The cable will move back and forth all you do is sit there and run the machine. But not sure is the Rothenberger will hold and spin the cable in one spot.
                          I have ZERO experience with the drill and/or eel setup. But do run a General sectional machine. You can put it in any spot and just run and run it. I think all sectionals are this way.

Then the wind of the cable will make things travel forward when the machine is ran in the forward position.

J.C.

Comment

The K-60 or 1500 or the Rothenberger you can run the machine in one spot to work the blockage.
                            Ron's Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                              I have ZERO experience with the drill and/or eel setup. But do run a General sectional machine. You can put it in any spot and just run and run it. I think all sectionals are this way.

Then the wind of the cable will make things travel forward when the machine is ran in the forward position.

J.C.
                              Thanks Never ran a sectional machine just the drill set up for tight spaces. Other than that 90% I run the sled style DM-55 or Gorlitz GO-62
                              The drill set up and eel cable will go through anything. Two weeks ago Had a job where a concrete company pumped some kind of concrete I have never heard of under a slab condo units. Filled the inside sewer to the septic tank and four units to the toilet flange like a hardening type clay concrete. said I can't clear this. Guy said try. Started with no cable just the 1 inch cutting head and inched my way in adding cable as it would fit. 2 days I cleared it all I cant believe it still my fore arms hurt for a week. Saved them tons of cash. Made a few bucks to. No way to jet mess would have been massive and destructive. Tank was to deep to jet from tank in could not see were sewer dumped into tank. It was one of those jobs you can'e believe you did it.
                              Last edited by UnClogNH; 12-26-2009, 09:06 PM.
                              Rod

Comment

Working...
                              X