oled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oled

all i have to say is this: the screen is smallllll.
    is there some kind of magnifer i can get!
    another thing i have noticed is when the sonoid is on the screen has lines going through it. maybe i should have gone with the lcd but here temps get well below 0 at night and if i'm lucky in the teens on a warm day.
    i don't have a heated garage so that is not an option!
    the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Re: oled

Jared,

leave the Sonde off when you are running the camera. It should only be turned on to locate.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

jered, i have the lcd unit and as mark said, you leave the sonde off until you're out locating. i also stop the recording while i locate.

as far as size goes, it's still larger than our old color video tool cases.

did you ever see your oled or the lcd units in action or just on the internet?

small is the playback screen of the sony burner

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Yea when I look at my sony dvd recorder screen then look at my lcd dvd recoder screen it's like looking at a big screen tv
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

i have only seen the one i bought, when it got here. i know that you only use it to locate. i was wondering why the screen flickers when it is one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
            i have only seen the one i bought, when it got here. i know that you only use it to locate. i was wondering why the screen flickers when it is one.
            the old school transmitters were always live. still have a couple old ones

the new ones draw a lot of power and cause the monitor to flicker. it also is a way to know it's on. our new monitors do have a screen image when on also.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

the oled was the first camera set up that i have used, the rep said visibility is better in sunlight / bright conditions. i thought the quality was fantastic, and yes, when the sonde is on, the screen flickers. Just curios, is the pic/record quality better than the lcd and older units? the sonde works great but line trace not so good with my st-305 - maybe should have gotten the bigger unit

Comment

one other thing i noticed was, when i hit the flip screen button it gives me on N with an X on it. it doesn't flip the screen.

Comment

The oled doesn't invert.

I too thought it was small when I first got mine, but after using it a few times, it's fine for me.

Comment

Jared, The oled screen is small in comparison to the LCD. I have found it is easily sufficient for doing inspections with and it sounds like your weather conditions make it important to have something that will do the colder weather.

DVD recording quality is exactly the same with both versions. The display has nothing to do with the recording.

There is always interference when the sonde is turned on regardless of the monitor.

And yes... the OLED cant be flipped.

Josh

Comment

so why have the option on the control?

Comment

universal parts. The units are essentially the same except for the screen. We would have had to charge more if we created 2 different button arrays.

Josh

Comment

Working...
                        X