Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
??20' sectional machine?? Shot in the dark Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ??20' sectional machine?? Shot in the dark

    Hey guys,

    Hope you're all staying busy! (But if you're reading this post, then maybe you're not!!

    Shot in the dark question:
    Anyone ever run across a sectional machine that uses 20' long sections? This beast has a Lamb Electric motor and is on 4 pneumatic style wheels. Light blue in color. Vaguely looks like General Model "E" with long clutch handle. The guy says that the cables are 20' long and 1" in diameter.

    My thought was that they're actually either 1.25" or 7/8" and probably 15' sections? Unless someone is familiar with this type of rig?

    Trying to get picture off my phone.

    Friend of friend trying to sell to me cheap, but I don't know anything about it. Haven't seen it in person yet, just thought I'd try to find some info on it before I went to see it in person.

    Cheers Guys,

    Chris

  • #2
    Re: ??20' sectional machine?? Shot in the dark

    I have one in my garage. I think my dad called it a Flexi-rooter. It does use 20' 1" tight wound sectional cables. It can also spin 7/8 as well as the 1 1/4" cables.

    It is a beast of a machine to work with but does the job very well.

    Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
    Hey guys,

    Hope you're all staying busy! (But if you're reading this post, then maybe you're not!!

    Shot in the dark question:
    Anyone ever run across a sectional machine that uses 20' long sections? This beast has a Lamb Electric motor and is on 4 pneumatic style wheels. Light blue in color. Vaguely looks like General Model "E" with long clutch handle. The guy says that the cables are 20' long and 1" in diameter.

    My thought was that they're actually either 1.25" or 7/8" and probably 15' sections? Unless someone is familiar with this type of rig?

    Trying to get picture off my phone.

    Friend of friend trying to sell to me cheap, but I don't know anything about it. Haven't seen it in person yet, just thought I'd try to find some info on it before I went to see it in person.

    Cheers Guys,

    Chris
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: ??20' sectional machine?? Shot in the dark

      Thanks Ron,

      Happy Holidays and stay warm!

      -Chris

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: ??20' sectional machine?? Shot in the dark

        Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
        Thanks Ron,

        Happy Holidays and stay warm!

        -Chris
        Trying to stay warm. Just did my brakes out in this cold. And now I am getting ready to head to a job up north. Sounds like a plugged overhead sewer.

        When I get back to the shop I see if the machine and its cables are in an easy spot to take a few pics and I will post them up. I have a few odd ball machines that are no longer around. I had an odd ball autofeed that spartan made a long time ago. It looked like a 1 1/2 pipe mounted horizontal with a hole drilled in the middle to pass the cable through. I think my dad sold that to Marvin at Allan J Coleman many years ago.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: ??20' sectional machine?? Shot in the dark

          The machine is a flexicleaner it is a later model with the newer lamb motor the old lamb moter is the desired one the cables are 1 inch 25 ft long flex no pf-7 it is a powerful machine
          marvin

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: ??20' sectional machine?? Shot in the dark

            Thanks Rod Man!

            Do you have one of these or have you used one?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: ??20' sectional machine?? Shot in the dark

              I have sold a lot of them, the new ones have a black & decker motor we have the cables and ends in stock also the chuck collets ask Ron he knows MARVIN

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: ??20' sectional machine?? Shot in the dark

                Originally posted by sewerratz View Post
                trying to stay warm. Just did my brakes out in this cold. And now i am getting ready to head to a job up north. Sounds like a plugged overhead sewer.

                When i get back to the shop i see if the machine and its cables are in an easy spot to take a few pics and i will post them up. I have a few odd ball machines that are no longer around. I had an odd ball autofeed that spartan made a long time ago. It looked like a 1 1/2 pipe mounted horizontal with a hole drilled in the middle to pass the cable through. I think my dad sold that to marvin at allan j coleman many years ago.

                my brother owns a 1065 spartan with that same power feed :d
                JERRYMAC
                E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                SINCE JAN. 1989

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: ??20' sectional machine?? Shot in the dark

                  Marvin, thanks for the correct name. Ours is not so pretty as this one. It is the older model


                  Attached Files
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: ??20' sectional machine?? Shot in the dark

                    [QUOTE=SewerRatz;270447]Trying to stay warm. Just did my brakes out in this cold. And now I am getting ready to head to a job up north. Sounds like a plugged overhead sewer.

                    What do you consider "up north?" Just curious...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: ??20' sectional machine?? Shot in the dark

                      [QUOTE=NorthernIllinoisPlumber;270588]
                      Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                      Trying to stay warm. Just did my brakes out in this cold. And now I am getting ready to head to a job up north. Sounds like a plugged overhead sewer.

                      What do you consider "up north?" Just curious...
                      Lol Well this job was North of me Inverness. Was a clogged K/S and a clogged overhead sewer going into a septic tank. I had the clean out cover off, and the lady told me she unplugged her ejector pump So I was thinking I was safe... NOT, what a mess.. Lesson relearned never take a home owners word and double check.

                      The farthest North I would go starting from the West is Woodstock, then to the East is Gurnee. The farthest South I ever went for a job was Bloomington but we try not to go any further South than Shorewood for Southwest to Chicago Heights for Southeast.
                      Last edited by SewerRatz; 12-30-2009, 11:01 AM.
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: ??20' sectional machine?? Shot in the dark

                        I found and bought an old sectional machine last week. Looks as old as me, but it's running better. Maybe I need new brushes?

                        It's called a Flexi-Cleaner by Flexible Plumbing Tools co. of Los Angeles, CA.
                        It's got three wheels and a Lamb Electric Universal motor with a gear head.

                        Output of the gear shaft goes to a 3 speed cone pulley belt driving the jaw chuck via another cone pulley. Slipping the belt via a hinge on the chuck axis makes the clutching action with the help of a lever which operates the jaw chuck in the other axis. The Chuck accepts anything less than 1-1/16" diameter and will drive down to 15/16 or so.

                        It seems to work fine and cost me less than $100 with 3ea 1"x25 foot sectionals.
                        Anybody want to see pictures of this thing?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: ??20' sectional machine?? Shot in the dark

                          Originally posted by Johnny V View Post
                          I found and bought an old sectional machine last week. Looks as old as me, but it's running better. Maybe I need new brushes?

                          It's called a Flexi-Cleaner by Flexible Plumbing Tools co. of Los Angeles, CA.
                          It's got three wheels and a Lamb Electric Universal motor with a gear head.

                          Output of the gear shaft goes to a 3 speed cone pulley belt driving the jaw chuck via another cone pulley. Slipping the belt via a hinge on the chuck axis makes the clutching action with the help of a lever which operates the jaw chuck in the other axis. The Chuck accepts anything less than 1-1/16" diameter and will drive down to 15/16 or so.

                          It seems to work fine and cost me less than $100 with 3ea 1"x25 foot sectionals.
                          Anybody want to see pictures of this thing?
                          why not
                          bring on the pics

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: ??20' sectional machine?? Shot in the dark

                            Sure we love pictures
                            Rod
                            MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                            Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                            http://unclognh.com
                            http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

                            Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Flexicleaner

                              That flexicleaner is a very old one if probaly has the old lamb motor if its a 3 wheel and a triple pully.i have only seen 1 with a newer lamb motor the old lamb has brush caps with brass inserts the new lamb has plastic covers. The old motor is the good one. The brushes are the same a a ridged 400 threader not a 400a marvin

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X