frozen sewer line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frozen sewer line

friend of mine called from minnesota, said he has a frozen sewer, how do you thaw a fronzen sewer line?

Re: frozen sewer line

Flush lots of salt/ice melt down the toilet.

Comment

dump one gallon of gas down the line and drop a match in it
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

i told him to go out and buy 2 40lb bags of ice melt, and flush it down the toilet. if he cant get it fixed. loooks like i will have to and drive on up to fix it for him

Comment

not that i need to worry about it here in so. cal. i just need to decide if i go out in the morning wearing a short sleeve or long sleeve t-shirt

but the consensus has been to use a jetter with a forward nozzle to cut and rear nozzles to propel the jetter hose. of course warm water is better. most jetters can handle 140 degree water.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I have used a jetter, and worked from the bottom end, If you do not have warm water it is or can be a slow process, but I do not have a very large jetter either,
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
            X