X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drain Cleaning 2010 vs 1990

Had a drain cleaning camera job today. Was called to just camera a SS line that was filling up. City Side Sewer card showed it was a 24" pipe that flowed to a 6" line to a wyee 6" side sewer tied in and went to street sewer. I arrived told him it had to be the sewer line and his money was better spent having me look at it instead, he agreed. Didn't get more than 30 seconds into it and found it was clogged. Snaked it with 4" blade to get it going, pulled back a lot of roots sent the camera in saw many root balls and seperations hit it with my spartan 1065 with 4" and 6" blades filled a 5 gallon bucket of roots, camera in again, still lots of roots but 50% where gone. Now we talk money and options, I say we are already at $500 for snaking and camera work (also located and marked the line) He asks what else can we do I say let me jet it joint to joint and camera it then rootx the line for another $400 to restore the line.(this is a 12 unit condo building) He says the last guy in the 1990's was $200 to snake it. I said did he camera the line, show you the condition and restore it? He said no. Go ahead and do it. Point is in the 90's I ran snakes out with different heads till I got no roots back and called it good seemed to work not a lot of call backs but some. Now year 2010 I am not satisfied with blind snake jobs. I snake, I camera, and do whatever is needed that is found with the camera. Some people can't afford anything but a snake job and I am fine with that but with all the advancements we have cameras.jetting,different types of snakes and cables and cutters, pipe patch! Cleaning drains is not just buying a snake and a little pick up anymore.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Drain Cleaning 2010 vs 1990

Whoa slow down biggary you can't really nominate 10 posts topic of the week on the same week lol
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

i agree, today with all the different tools and equipment available, we can literally home in on the issues and properly clean or repair the exact issues.

i too have been busy with my camera and jetter to extend the intervals between cleanings.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

what kind of camera should i by

Comment

Welcome BIGgary,

Just like with sewer machines your camera choice is going to depend on what you are going to do with it (size of lines and features mostly)

What type of machine are you using,Drum or Sectional?

Comment

i got a speedway drum machine i bough it at sears

Comment

i have to buy a drill, it calls for a drill to twist the drum around

Comment

Originally posted by BIGgary View Post
                i have to buy a drill, it calls for a drill to twist the drum around
                am I the only one that see`s this??????
                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BIGgary View Post
                  i got a speedway drum machine i bough it at sears

Speedway makes a great machine congrats on your purchase did you happen to by the extended service agreement with it?

As a member of the bucket rider clan you should get in touch with Allclearsewer. He is also a bucket rider and can help you, I remember at one point he was even talking about offering drain cleaning classes...

Comment

Weird the one I bought at Sears needs 2 hampsters and a wheel to turn it your sounds better
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Cuda I think you understand where I`m going with this

Comment

i tried cleaning my drain today, it wears my arm out turning the handle by hand i called sears they said hook a drill to it, wont that make the cable buck from going to fast or not

Comment

Make sure you use a high speed drill... like a 5500 rpm

Hey did the gas work in that frozen line?

Comment

he put salt down wht drain, i told him to let it sit in there over night

Comment

Well if it dont work you can all ways burn down the house and I think the line will free up

Comment

Working...
                              X