Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Letter to Big Gary

Gary,

You've caught the amount of flak you have because you appear to be either

- a complete novice who has taken it into his head that because he went to sears and bought a snake, he is a competent professional, though your posts show you are anything but that

or

- a character created as a joke to wind us all up

Please understand, if you are really just some guy who wants to be in this business, that the fact you are coming off as so inexperienced that many here are convinced you are a joke character says something significant about your level of knowledge.

Most here have put in years, if not decades, learning their trade and take great pride in their knowledge and abilities and in the quality of their work. The level of ignorance your posts display is seen as an affront; a man can no more be a drain cleaner because he owns a snake than he can be a surgeon because he owns a knife.

Further, if you are as you present yourself to be, you are dangerous. You are dangerous to yourself and to your customers because of your inexperience. And you are a danger to the reputation of the trade in general because of the poor quality of work you will undoubtedly do.

There is just too much to teach a complete novice. To give you any advice would only arm you with unwarranted confidence to go out and hurt yourself, do damage to your customers homes, and damage the reputation of drain cleaners everywhere.

The only advice I can give you is to take a job with a competent established company where you can gain the experience you need under the supervision of someone who knows what they are doing, and only then consider going out on your own.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: Open Letter to Big Gary

biggary, if you really think it's a mistake that you were banned

then send mark/ touthahnow a private message/ p.m.

i really don't need your 1/2 dozen visitor messages or friend requests

end of story

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by BIGgary View Post
      im wanting to start my own drain cleaning business, seems to be big $$$ in it. i been reading here for about 2 days. think i will order a k-60. what shoudl i name my business? is drain cleaning easyh work? sounds like its pretty simple easy work.
      He/she just came off as an arrogant jackass imo. I like guys like this around. I make money fixing their mistakes.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I enjoyed reading the posts,..Cheap entertainment !

Comment

I think BigGary got a few of us! There is just no way he is real!

Comment

Of course he's not for real! He's probably bored looking to get a rise out of whoever he can. He's the same rat bas**** claiming to be a hot 21 yr. old babe looking for action! I read some genuinely funny material in the forum, but biggary just doesn't amuse me. He strikes me as lazy. He won't even try hard for a laugh! Come on, think of something good! A speedway machine from sears??? Pleeeasse.

Comment

You know, BigGary has 50 years of experience. His act might just be a lot funnier LIVE! BigGary the Drain Cleaner-Larry the Cable Guy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingbee View Post
                You know, BigGary has 50 years of experience. His act might just be a lot funnier LIVE! BigGary the Drain Cleaner-Larry the Cable Guy?
                i dont care who you are that theres funny!!!!!

Comment

Is it too late for me to accept his friend request?

Comment

Working...
                  X