Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prices over the phone ?

What is better and why
    Giving Customers a price over the phone.
    or waiting to see the job to give them a price,
    I give phone quotes as long as i know if there is a C/O or not, but i wonder if i would not be better off seeing a job first ?

Re: Prices over the phone ?

we never give prices on drain cleaning its always time material machine fee and service charge 99% of our customers have no problem with this but we are always fair to them so my work always comes by word of mouth.

Comment

Phone quates for me are always a "ball park figure", I will always find something that was not mentioned.

I hate surprises and the customer hates surprises even more than me.

G3

Comment

"Sounds like it's this. We're $x for that. That buys you up to 1 hr. Additional hrs are $y/hr. Might be an extra charge if we need to use the camera. From what you've told me it sounds straightforward. We get most of them solved within that 1st hr. Unless it's something unusual it will probably be $x."
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

thats generally how it works for us most of the time in one hour

Comment

We quote draincleaning and labor by the hour. Septic pumping prices are flat assuming the lid is exposed.
            www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

The Rooter franchises are big on a 'tech' showing up
              for a "free,no obligation quote."
              The idea being of course 'your rates are high,but since you are here..'
              The reality becomes you needed a simple cleaning and now half the house
              is getting re-piped.

Comment

I dont like to give prices over the phone. Ask some questions over the phone that seems to weed out your competitors from price shopping you. I only give prices if I'm already busy for the day and cant afford to be giveing free quotes. We are not the cheapest cleaner in town. There are guys that are more costly than us too. Septic tank pumping we quote the price for the area and that the price.

Comment

Sometimes its better to give prices on the phone, I know when my wife calls places she likes to get the price first to make sure we have enough money
                  Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                  New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

of course i do. it's based on the information given and is broken down by the hour of service.

something like a water heater, is a ballpark price as there are too many variables without seeing it in person.

of course it boils down to them calling me as i don't advertise. so price is typically not an issue.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

I hate when you get stuck with the lady that says " you said it was only going to cost xyz and I'm only paying xyz. They never hear that a typical cost on something like that or thats for the first hour. I like it when they say I just had it pumped it cant be full. Theres only 5 of living here with a 500 gallon tank.

I like to know what something is going to cost before I agreed to something. I said I was not going to railroad people when I went out on my own.

Comment

I will give them what the average normal call cost .
                        But let them know its time & mat at the end

Comment

I have always given prices over the phone. But I also inform the caller things might be more due to unforeseen issues. I also inform them it is an average price and I give them a break down . and hour is X and a half hour is X
                          Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                          1-920-284-7471

Comment

I price over the phone. I usually give a worst case price. That way if I run into trouble there is no surprises.

Comment

If they ask I will give them the prices we charge. I have to say that over half the calls where people ask my prices, I have a feeling they are other shops seeing what their competitors are charging.
                              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                              X