Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My K39AF pooped out today

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    I liked the idea of this one but don't know anyone that owns one. Wonder the positives & negatives?

J.C.
    Lot of realestate for a specialized machine.Big and bulky in the truck,cabinet or to try and reach in contorted positions while working.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      Lot of realestate for a specialized machine.Big and bulky in the truck,cabinet or to try and reach in contorted positions while working.
      Yeah, it does take up more room.

As far as contorted positions, I think it comes with a footswitch & autofeed along with the guide tube.

Seems it would be pretty flexible & less fatiguing. But once again, I don't own one or know anyone that does.

J.C.

Comment

Same as I.
        Just seems like alot of stuff for 5/16
        Does it do 3/8 with different heads?

Maybe one would be better of with what you got.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          Same as I.
          Just seems like alot of stuff for 5/16
          Does it do 3/8 with different heads?

Maybe one would be better of with what you got.
          Don't know.

J.C.

Comment

i just ordered an electric eel ct with 25' of 5/16 i also ordered an extra 35' of 1/4 and 3/8 its kinda like that general. ive never used either but i'll let ya'll know how the ct turns out.

Comment

2 years on My K-39 af still going strong use it 2-8 times a week. Mine is the older model that didn't have a k39 emblem on the drum, my 2 newer ones do if it matters.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by mr bonds View Post
                i just ordered an electric eel ct with 25' of 5/16 i also ordered an extra 35' of 1/4 and 3/8 its kinda like that general. ive never used either but i'll let ya'll know how the ct turns out.
                Looks like the Ridgid K40. I like the looks of both.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                  2 years on My K-39 af still going strong use it 2-8 times a week. Mine is the older model that didn't have a k39 emblem on the drum, my 2 newer ones do if it matters.
                  Could you start using nothing but a new one? I'd be interested in how it does for you under that much use. I bet it is not made as well.

I've seen pics of the old ones and they looked like they had a decent drill attached in comparison to the new type.

J.C.

Comment

i know what u mean about slinging black water everywhere and i've got scars and craploads of ripped shirts from the screws on my small cleaning machine. i really hate it when the 1/4" cable wraps around your neck thats usually when my 12yo son starts laughing at me. my pistol grip is the model s electric eel i always dread using it but its tough ive had it for about 10 years with no mechanical problems its the old model

Comment

Originally posted by mr bonds View Post
                      i know what u mean about slinging black water everywhere and i've got scars and craploads of ripped shirts from the screws on my small cleaning machine. i really hate it when the 1/4" cable wraps around your neck thats usually when my 12yo son starts laughing at me. my pistol grip is the model s electric eel i always dread using it but its tough ive had it for about 10 years with no mechanical problems its the old model
                      Wow what are u doing with the machine that makes the cable wrap around your neck?

Comment

ha ha it usually happens when i don't tightened the chuck enough and u hit a durham 90 and the cable slings out and i can't let go fast enough. my favorite though is when i was a kid and my brother was on the roof rodding a stack i went into check on things and there was a plastic plant off the back of the toilet going round and round in the air the cable came back through the toilet i guess u had to be there

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                          I cooked the microswitch in mine

I will check and see if I still have the motor, I think I may have tossed it...

When mine decided to give up I pulled the autofeed off and mounted it to an old K-38 ( I was surprised to see that it would work, I bet Rick does not have a K-38)

Check the old threads (last 60 days), I wanna say somebody had the same problem and bought a replacement motor for 20-30 bucks.

Bill
                          bill, i'll take you up on that bet, but do you better

i bet i have more than 1 k-38

last count, i have more than 10 hand guns including my very first one from 33 years ago when i was 13. a red milwaukee with the red steel drum

even a general cordless with a skil motor.

along with all my other hand guns.

1 day i will take a photo of my 30+ new cables i have on the shelf

wait for my new post on my new toy from today adam knows

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            bill, i'll take you up on that bet, but do you better

i bet i have more than 1 k-38

last count, i have more than 10 hand guns including my very first one from 33 years ago when i was 13. a red milwaukee with the red steel drum

even a general cordless with a skil motor.

along with all my other hand guns.

1 day i will take a photo of my 30+ new cables i have on the shelf

wait for my new post on my new toy from today adam knows

rick.
                            I should have guessed What was I thinking...

Comment

Can't take them with you when you die. I bet Rick's got 20 different kinds of toilet paper depending on what he ate the night before.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                                Can't take them with you when you die. I bet Rick's got 20 different kinds of toilet paper depending on what he ate the night before.
                                bet you i don't use paper

next time i shake your hand, i'll explain

rick.
                                Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 01-05-2010, 01:01 AM.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X