Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
My K39AF pooped out today Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My K39AF pooped out today

    The drill lost most of it's power, smelled like it was burning a little too. Did nothing out of the normal, just snaking away and then lost most of the power and it kept tripping the reset on the plug too.
    Anyway I'm bummed, I use this thing often, sort of lost without it. Bought it I think last summer, hasn't been that long. Just bummed if I already have to buy another.

    Anyone have problems like this? Tried calling Ridgid but they're already closed, do yo think it would be covered under warranty? Thanks everyone!

  • #2
    Re: My K39AF pooped out today

    I cooked the microswitch in mine

    I will check and see if I still have the motor, I think I may have tossed it...

    When mine decided to give up I pulled the autofeed off and mounted it to an old K-38 ( I was surprised to see that it would work, I bet Rick does not have a K-38)

    Check the old threads (last 60 days), I wanna say somebody had the same problem and bought a replacement motor for 20-30 bucks.

    Bill

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: My K39AF pooped out today

      I had one. Someone stole it and I didn't even care. The drill always seemed low quality and would give problems. The drum leaked from the get go out of the screw holes. Gives you the black water sling. And the drum will bite you where the screws are also. Maybe others love theirs though.

      Know what I've used since on the small/short runs? This.

      Just grab a cordless and go with it. If they would make the front end metal it's all I would need or want.

      J.C.
      Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 01-18-2010, 11:40 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: My K39AF pooped out today

        I would be in a tough spot if mine took a dump.Actually it did when I first used it on a job.It was E-bay unused.Motor assembly inside of bent tabs was comming apart.Got a new motor.Up to 30 drains on it.I've grown accustomed to it.If it fails I'll either fix it or get another.
        It's paid for itself double,double.

        No J.C.
        I..I can't

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: My K39AF pooped out today

          That's 3 broken. Next....

          J.C.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: My K39AF pooped out today

            Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            I had one. Someone stole it and I didn't even care. The drill always seemed low quality and would give problems. The drum leaked from the get go out of the screw holes. Gives you the black water sling. And the drum will bite you where the screws are also. Maybe others love theirs though.

            Know what I've used since on the small/short runs? This.

            Just grab a cordless and go with it. If they would make the front end metal it's all I would need or want.

            J.C.

            I have considered going that route also. I figure I could use it for short runs in tub and showers.
            My only question is how does it hold up.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: My K39AF pooped out today

              Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              That's 3 broken. Next....

              J.C.
              Not applicable
              I bought mine off E-Bay J.C.

              That's not like you to jump at blood.
              How was your day

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: My K39AF pooped out today

                Originally posted by handybull View Post
                I have considered going that route also. I figure I could use it for short runs in tub and showers.
                My only question is how does it hold up.
                Make no mistake, it has some lower quality parts on it, especially the front end plastic. With that said, I have squeezed the trigger pretty hard and not broken it.

                You know, getting pissed at the drain or it not feeding out well.

                If I needed a top-snake every single day, I'd probably get a General Rooter PH or maybe a General handheld.

                But if it's once in awhile like myself, I'd rather have this. Grab any cordless drill with a standard chuck and go.

                I treat it bad too. Just chunk it here or there. If it gives me a problem, I'll get another.

                J.C.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: My K39AF pooped out today

                  Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                  Not applicable
                  I bought mine off E-Bay J.C.

                  That's not like you to jump at blood.
                  How was your day
                  COLD brother. Nothing compared to some other areas. But 18 degrees F & J.C. don't jive too well. I've been avoiding it too letting some things delay.

                  No offense towards your Ebay 39.

                  J.C.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: My K39AF pooped out today

                    I don't know, just doesn't seem right falling apart already. I'm calling Ridgid in the morning and hope to get it fixed under warrant. If not then I won't buy another Ridgid if they're only going to last 6 months.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: My K39AF pooped out today

                      I liked the idea of this one but don't know anyone that owns one. Wonder the positives & negatives?

                      J.C.
                      Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 01-18-2010, 11:40 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: My K39AF pooped out today

                        I was also considering one of these. It looks like the " auto spin" just painted and re named.

                        Maybe Ridgid will let me demo one for the board
                        http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Auto-Spin/EN/index.htm

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: My K39AF pooped out today

                          Didn't even know they had updated it. Some plumbers liked the Auto-Spin.

                          I recall some using it and liking it but did say they considered them disposable. Give much of a problem, just throw it away.

                          Might be the ticket for you.

                          I'll stick to abusing my little spinner for now.

                          J.C.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: My K39AF pooped out today

                            I don't think I would like using the auto clean machines. You're going to lose a little cable length because of that hose feeder. It's bad enough with my k39 and 35' cable when you lose the last couple of inches and you know you're right there but just can't reach it! LOL
                            I guess as what was said above these machines may just be throw aways, I used the k39 twice today and made more than the cost of the machine so I can't complain much but still, they should be better quality. I never abused it, just normal use.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: My K39AF pooped out today

                              Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                              I would be in a tough spot if mine took a dump.Actually it did when I first used it on a job.It was E-bay unused.Motor assembly inside of bent tabs was comming apart.Got a new motor.Up to 30 drains on it.I've grown accustomed to it.If it fails I'll either fix it or get another.
                              It's paid for itself double,double.

                              No J.C.
                              I..I can't
                              "I can't deal with homeowners...."

                              30 drains on just this machine. You've been sandbaggin'.

                              J.C.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X