Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New years, new machine

Originally posted by handybull View Post
    any idea what shipping would be like from there to Indiana?
    Thanks SewerRatz
    I bought a Marco LT 90 online with 2 drums 100" cable in each it cost me $150 in shipping from Washington state to Chicago. I know sometimes Marv will pick up the shipping. It never hurts to ask.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    Ron's Facebook
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Hey quit importing snakes from my state! What am I going to do with my money.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

did Ben makeout like a bandit?
        the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
          Rick did you just get a good deal on this or were you actually considering switching over to drums to see what you were missing.

i thought i got a good deal. the guy before me got a killer deal on a spartan 100 it was worth the price just to get a tour of the house. top of bel air. the owner used it just for his house and it still had the salesman's business card glued to the back of the machine. i don't know how he ever got the machine out of his shop as it took 2 of us to carry it up and down multiple tile steps in the house.

By the time you die you will have one of every machine from every manufacturer. And maybe 6 k-60s ;-)
          maybe even a rick-60

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by appletondrain View Post
            Ok rick you finally oneuped me on a good deal. I have to start shopping today to outdo you. LOL

You guys are weird! "Oh he got a good deal let me go find something I don't need and spend money on that just to win" It makes me laugh

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

what did i learn out of this
              What you should have learned is that your wife is not as dumb as you want her to be!
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
                did Ben makeout like a bandit?
                ???
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I don't know that I'd use the 1065, but if got a K-3800 you hate I'll gladly trade for this...
                  http://s700.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=FILE0317.jpg
                  I never use it.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                    I don't know that I'd use the 1065, but if got a K-3800 you hate I'll gladly trade for this...
                    I never use it.

Needs a can of WD 40

Comment

I never use it.
                      are you saling that

Comment

I suppose I should...

Don't know what to ask for it...should ebay it but if someone here wants it I'd hate to give ebay their cut when we could split it.

really though, I would gladly trade for a used k-3800... I checked them out and liked them... I'm a drum guy .

got a used one of those? we'll swap!
                        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

the spartan 2001 is the machine that I use. It's like the machine you bought except it breaks down into two sections - the reel and the rest of it. Much easier to bring in and out that way but you do have to make two trips and the drum is still heavy.

Comment

the seller found the complete tool case with cutters, blade holders, repair ends and even the pin punch and pin stand. along with the 4 legs. none of it ever used. even the gloves and manuals all nice and shiney

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

I suppose I should...

Don't know what to ask for it...should ebay it but if someone here wants it I'd hate to give ebay their cut when we could split it.

really though, I would gladly trade for a used k-3800... I checked them out and liked them... I'm a drum guy .

got a used one of those? we'll swap!
                              So can you tell us why you dont like the K-60?
                              As a drum man myself I have my reasons and I want to see if I`m the only one wih these reasons.
                              My K-60 is on my truck just taking up space as I have found that I dont want to wast so much time when I can just grab my K-7500 and get-R-done
                              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Well,

I think it's mostly just personal preference, and to some degree situational.

I just don't go on roofs. We just dont have tracts of single story ranches with 4" vents a straight shot down the main stack to the service. Just doesn't happen, so that benefit is negated.

Also I jet most things, especially in winter, as at least 1/2 the time they are frozen. In winter, services are almost always at least also frozen as whatever plugged it has let it hold water long enough that the water above it froze.

So a cable gets used for only a small percentage of jobs. Tubs, because they are hair. And sometimes vanity sinks, because they are sometimes hair or also hair. And for those I like a 1/4" drum machine.

Toilet lines in multi-unit buildings where I know it can't be frozen is the main app for a medium sized snake for me. In these, I'm typically working from a pulled toilet in a high end condo, and I just find the drum easier and faster to set up and use. Less space required in a small bathroom, no worries about leaving a trail of drips as I walk out (in fact, no cleanup of machine at all beyond making sure the wheels are clean), and no floppy grabby cables messing with me trying to get caught in everything while I unpack them and spraying black while I run them. All of which I am sure there are ways around, and that I'd figure out, but I just prefer the set of problems that come with a drum.

Comment

Working...
                                X