• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No Charge?

I want to hear it to

Comment

OK; this woman in her late 40's was thrilled when I arrived because she couldn't wait to get her washer going again. Washer pumps into old laundry tub in garage. Drain is 1 1/2" copper into cast. Worked for big name "rooter" co. Used the small drum they provided(POS! used and abused by former techs; great to buy and use your own equipment!) to try and clear this drain. I must have gone in over a dozen times; each time I made the last turn, the cable fed way too easy. Sure enough, cable coming out the vent. 2 issues, 1st is there was no way to get that or the even larger drum machine to stay on the roof to go down the vent. No K60 Rick! 2nd was that we were warned on a weekly basis NOT to go on roofs, no exceptions, or you're outta here. No guarantee that there wasn't a collapse or similar even going down the vent, but I probably would have got it there. Even though we didn't clear it, my boss was very clear that we still get paid because of the time and work involved. She said she understood and wrote my company a check. She was in tears as she explained what was going on to her brother on the phone. Trust me, she wasn't acting hoping I would squash the bill. She said that this was just another thing on a list of things that were going wrong for her. Now, she was going to have to pay someone else to fix her still existing problem. As a tech, I made little $$ on the call, but felt like the lowest form of life. Today, on my own, I'm confident I would have probably cleared the drain. If a customer has a bad problem and doesn't want to pay you to fix it or is trying to put off dealing with it, that's one thing. I'll never forget that woman(wish I had her info, I'd give her a card and offer to make it up to her) or how I felt that day. You can bet your a** she never called "rooter" again!

Comment

i feel ur pain man its great to own ur own company and be able to use ur own stuff and i tell u some people do deserve a break most of the rich didn't get that way by offering a little extra for a good job but sometimes single parents working 2 jobs and whatnot deserve the help the lord takes care of those who help out his people

Comment

Working...
        X