Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STUCK! Here we go, just in time for the snow....RootX to the rescue?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: STUCK! Here we go, just in time for the snow....RootX to the rescue?

This job sounds like its in Hinsdale. I have ran across a few where the line goes across other peoples property to a sewer on the side street instead. I did one a few years back it came out the front of the house then hung a right and went across the property of two other homes to get to the sewer on the side street. Also ran into one we couldn't get the rod to go past 70 feet so we located it, turned out they had a manhole in the middle of their front yard that had three inlets their sewer and their neighbors on the left and right side, and a outlet that went to the city sewer in the center of the street.

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
    Thanks for the tips. If RootX can even weaken the mass a little bit I'd be a happy camper.

I've done the bumper trick before, but this one is too tight. I'm behind the garage (practically in the easement) between my customer and the house behind him. With the landscaping that they have, I wouldn't even be able to get the truck close to the cleanout.

Going to attack it with some 3/4" innercore and a spear, see if I can break the thing up a bit.

Thanks for the advice

Also, I'm locked up under the Neighbors driveway at the corner of the garage. Excavating would/will bring it's own problems.

-Chris
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
      This job sounds like its in Hinsdale. I have ran across a few where the line goes across other peoples property to a sewer on the side street instead. I did one a few years back it came out the front of the house then hung a right and went across the property of two other homes to get to the sewer on the side street. Also ran into one we couldn't get the rod to go past 70 feet so we located it, turned out they had a manhole in the middle of their front yard that had three inlets their sewer and their neighbors on the left and right side, and a outlet that went to the city sewer in the center of the street.
      Close, LaGrange
      Public Works confirmed that this is a dedicated sewer just for my customer. The engineer said that the notation on the original sewer map says that the reason that they routed this way was because the basement (and thus house drain) were too deep to go to the city sewer in the front of the house. But that was 100+ years ago

Comment

Close, LaGrange
        Public Works confirmed that this is a dedicated sewer just for my customer. The engineer said that the notation on the original sewer map says that the reason that they routed this way was because the basement (and thus house drain) were too deep to go to the city sewer in the front of the house. But that was 100+ years ago
        Is this near Brainard and Ogden? I only seen this one time in La Grange, and it was more the La Grange Highlands. Well anyways you will get it out. Lots of times I left a job that I got a rod stuck in the line to come back the next day and it comes out with no effort at all.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
          Is this near Brainard and Ogden? I only seen this one time in La Grange, and it was more the La Grange Highlands. Well anyways you will get it out. Lots of times I left a job that I got a rod stuck in the line to come back the next day and it comes out with no effort at all.

I hope so!!

A little farther South, a little bit East. One of the BIG, OLD, historic homes about 1.5 blocks from the high school.

Comment

I hope so!!

A little farther South, a little bit East. One of the BIG, OLD, historic homes about 1.5 blocks from the high school.
            OK I got the area pegged, careful over there. They liked to put in ruining traps in the parkways. Who knows where they put one in that home and if it was ever removed.

Comment

Do you have enogh cable to push it to the next manhole and retrive it there?
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Good luck! I had one that I used pipe wrenches twisting the cable backwards. I had a retriever bit on though.
                www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

I am 'only' a 20 year vet of sewers in this area.Minneapolis.
                  so take me with a grain of salt AFTER I vent on you.
                  Had a line in St Paul..called the city first...Line goes out the BACK
                  68' to the prop. line the to the city sewer in the "alley"
                  A dirt path....which is a 30" sewer 27' down.
                  Find roots at 70'.Then cant get by or with single blades pull back anything.
                  Uh oh.
                  I blow bag it and it opens up...kinda.
                  Boss does not trust my years so he sends his ace.
                  Who gets all 100' out in a 75' sewer.
                  Bare cable...
                  is now tangled and has a new home thanks to the boss's ace.
                  Trip to Mytana in the morning for some new 3/4 hollow core.

I think you may have a rootball on your 4" cutter in the 6" line.
                  If it spins you have hope not dope.(More venting)

The P.O.S. "manager" they hired at the MRooter where I was for a bit, had the guys
                  run all their mains starting with a 2 then a 3 then a 4" cutters...you get the picture.
                  They needed GALLONS of laundry soap to free up everyone who went through a
                  clog with a small blade then twisted up a big rootball after it.
                  I enjoyed it every time 'cos I called B S to him in our meeting
                  when he introduced this asinine plan! He tried to fire me for calling him out.

Comment

Well someday we will guide our Lazor snake down and destroy the blockage but today is not that day.
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I just made that joke today!!
                      My laser snake...built from laser sharks!

Comment

If it is Just roots i use powdered TIDE laundry soap. You may have to use a hole box, but it slicks up the roots and it will get you out! It has never failed me! I always keep a box on the van!

Comment

Must be a good day for getting stuck. I was stuck yesturday. I had to try a half cutter wihch i hate doing because of the risk of getting stuck. Well I called another plumber friend of mine and the 2 of us pulled it free. so far I have always been able to get unstuck with 2 people pulling. You might try another set of hands. as soon as it gets light I'm out to the shop to fix a kinked cable I torqued it a little to much trying to free it myself. it wound up in the drum. that was a pain .

Comment

This is one good thing about being a drum man as the K-7500 has a bunch of pulling power.
                            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

This is why I pull back on the cable when attacking roots. Stick and move.
                              Plus never use the power feeder when going into the sewer or blockage better feel on what your hitting only in reverse when I know I cant get stuck.
                              Never been stuck because of roots
                              Rod
                              MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                              Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                              http://unclognh.com
                              http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Mpls View Post
                                I am 'only' a 20 year vet of sewers in this area.Minneapolis.
                                so take me with a grain of salt AFTER I vent on you.
                                Had a line in St Paul..called the city first...Line goes out the BACK
                                68' to the prop. line the to the city sewer in the "alley"
                                A dirt path....which is a 30" sewer 27' down.
                                Find roots at 70'.Then cant get by or with single blades pull back anything.
                                Uh oh.
                                I blow bag it and it opens up...kinda.
                                Boss does not trust my years so he sends his ace.
                                Who gets all 100' out in a 75' sewer.
                                Bare cable...
                                is now tangled and has a new home thanks to the boss's ace.
                                Trip to Mytana in the morning for some new 3/4 hollow core.

I think you may have a rootball on your 4" cutter in the 6" line.
                                If it spins you have hope not dope.(More venting)

The P.O.S. "manager" they hired at the MRooter where I was for a bit, had the guys
                                run all their mains starting with a 2 then a 3 then a 4" cutters...you get the picture.
                                They needed GALLONS of laundry soap to free up everyone who went through a
                                clog with a small blade then twisted up a big rootball after it.
                                I enjoyed it every time 'cos I called B S to him in our meeting
                                when he introduced this asinine plan! He tried to fire me for calling him out.
                                When I was working for Roto Rooter the managers were the biggest bunch of "Tards". I remember one OH "I'm so good" when he was booted down to servive tech man did he have a bunch of recalls
                                Rod
                                MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                                Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                                http://unclognh.com
                                http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Working...
                                X