Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STUCK! Here we go, just in time for the snow....RootX to the rescue?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: STUCK! Here we go, just in time for the snow....RootX to the rescue?

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
    This is why I pull back on the cable when attacking roots. Stick and move.

This is why I love my trusty Edith! I can feel every curve on her in my hands tense up as I thrust in. This lets me know when to pull out then penetrate even further
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
      This is why I love my trusty Edith! I can feel every curve on her in my hands tense up as I thrust in. This lets me know when to pull out then penetrate even further

If this is how well you know your trusy Edith. I don't want to know how well you know your jetter or camera.
      Rod
      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
      http://unclognh.com
      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
        That is (was) on of my favorites too, and it's the exact one that got stuck.

Oh well, we'll see.

I've read posts on here about RootX working in a couple of hours?

We shall see.

I'm going to go thaw my feet now!
        First of all I am sorry to hear you got your snake stuck. I have been there done that and own the copy rights to the t-shirt.

Let me clear this up. RootX kills roots with in the first hour of exposure. It does not eat the roots or dissolve the roots because it not an acidic chemical it's an herbicide that has de-greasing surfactants that foams so that it can kill tree roots in the top of the pipe. This is why RootX is safe to use with your equipment. RootX is not a draino like chemical in anyway, it won't hurt your equipment, it won't hurt the pipe and it won't hurt the tree. It can take a few weeks to several months depending on how bad the root problem is to have a visual effect. You are supposed to snake or jet the line first to open the clog then add RootX with in the first hour or wait six to eight weeks. However RootX will kill the roots and stop any growth from happending with in that first hour. Over a period of time bacteria will break down the roots or the dead roots will become brittle and wash out. This process takes anywhere from three weeks to nine months depending on the type of tree, size of roots, thickness of the root mass and outdoor temperature. Summer and winter months tree roots are less active so it takes longer for the roots to have a visual effect. RootX is not the prodcut to use to get your snake out of the line unless you can wait a few weeks to a few months.

Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan, so far so good for me with RootX. Made the rest of the job easier!

I got the cable out this morning using my sewermatic with 3/4" IC and a homemade "instrument of death" spear tip that made out of a unistrut clamp.

What a pain! Pretty average blockage according to camera after I got it out.

Went back in with a 6" cutter and cleared 150' to city main. Just bad luck I guess. I'll be leaving the sawtooth cutters in the box for a while.

I actually pulled back some poor sap's 7/8" open wind cable when rodding back toward the house from the clean out! Guess I know how the previous owners ended up getting that clean out! Never would have known that the cable was in there if I didn't have the camera (which I didn't have last time I rodded this line).

Pics to come in a new post.

Comment

WOO HOO glad to hear you got it out.

G3

Comment

I am exited to hear you got it out! I said that it wouldn't help because I didn't want to give false hope on something it wasn't designed to do. Great job and I am looking forward to the pics.

Comment

If not replacing the line(doubt that's in the cards, right?) might be a good idea to RootX every 6mos to make sure you never go through that nightmare again.(at least not on that line!) Nice catch on the leftover cable, surprised it pulled out so easy. Im still learning this drain cleaning art. I gotta buy a camera.. Anyone got $8k they need to get rid of?

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                  I got the cable out this morning using my sewermatic with 3/4" IC and a homemade "instrument of death" spear tip that made out of a unistrut clamp.
                  got any pics?
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Yes, but I have resize. Finally found the USB cable for my camera
                    I'm running away for the night with my wife, but I'll get them up tomorrow.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X