X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of the corrogated sewer line

Here is the pics of the corrogated sewer line some HO installed. Sorry it was hard to get pics as the stuff just broke to shreds anytime we got near it.
    They didn't even have any clamps on it! Just shoved the plastic junk in the 4" cast and into the other ends concrete pipe!
    This ran 26' to a shared 200' line serving 3 houses. I was called to snake and camera the line. My K-60 (from the roof vent) Got the line flowing but ripped the brittle stuff too bits!
    Ran the camera in and went wow! Called the landlord he said it was fine he just had a plumber out there within the year who had dug down, broke a hole in the top of the line,snaked it and put the green plastic pipe cover on you see in the pics.
    Bummer is he was about 1 foot from seeing the corrogated line. And this is a nice house not some mobile home. The pipe was there working for 9 years.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cuda; 01-08-2010, 05:31 PM.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Pics of the corrogated sewer line

Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
      Here is the pics of the corrogated sewer line some HO installed. Sorry it was hard to get pics as the stuff just broke to shreds anytime we got near it.
      They didn't even have any clamps on it! Just shoved the plastic junk in the 4" cast and into the other ends concrete pipe!

All I can say is damn..... That is great...lol

Comment

wow.

was it perf too?

that's even worse than a repair' I fixed a while ago. they'd rammed a 6' chunk of 3" pvc electrical conduit up into the clay and pulled it back so it kind of lined up with the iron from the house, buried it, and hoped for the best.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

No it was not perf that would have been really funny
          I just posted this line so people with out sewer cameras could see that what they may be snaking is not what they think it is! And when the HO calls back a few weeks later and says it's backed up again get out here and do it right!
          Well it might not be the snake guys fault.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I had one where it was a chromic back up in the building drain. I ran my camera down the line and saw the 4" pipe had a few separations. So we broke open the floor in the basement to find 6" clay tile. I cut a piece of this clay out of my way to find what they did was took 4' sections of 4" pipe and shoved it into the clay pipe as far as they where able then hooked it up to the stack.

So we took out all the clay pipe that was under the basement floor along with the the 20 feet of 4" pipe they shoved in it. Then ran all brand new cast iron to the outside and made a proper tie in.

It amazes me to see stuff like your corrugated line, and mine with a pipe in the pipe done by people. Just makes you wonder if they have any common sense at all.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

It's just amazing to me that someone would go to the trouble of digging a hole, let alone opening a slab, to do such bs repairs.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

$18.00 for a 100' roll?

LET'S ROLL

it out and save a ton. Don't need no stinkin' hard pipe!
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
                  $18.00 for a 100' roll?

LET'S ROLL

it out and save a ton. Don't need no stinkin' hard pipe!

Fittings !! you dont need no fittings they come with the pipe lady

Comment

I frequently find it used in drain fields in our area. With signed inspections!

Comment

Originally posted by kingbee View Post
                      I frequently find it used in drain fields in our area. With signed inspections!
                      Installed properly, it's fine for drain fields. We've installed miles-MILES of it as designed, required, & approved by the state.

I can't even think of how many that have been in 30 years or more with no problems.

Remember, a proper functioning private-septic-system only has liquid effluent traveling through those lines.

Not solid waste or paper products.

J.C.
                      Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 01-10-2010, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X