Saw Tooth Cutter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Tooth Cutter

Is there any way to increase the longevity of the saw tooth cutter head for the k1500. The one side on each blade wear off in one spot, while the rest of the blade is like new.

Re: Saw Tooth Cutter

In my experience, you can try only activating the clutch and spinning the cable when you encounter resistance, but you'll end up missing some smaller blockages. My recent experience tells me that I'll only be using that head for long root balls (fiberous) that I need to bore through. C-Cutters otherwise for me.

I prefer to spend the extra few $$$ for new blades only (less the connector) every 4-5 jobs. I build it in as an operating expense.

-Chris

Comment

I have the same problem with the spiral saw blade! The teeth wear out to fast!! Last time i had to order 5 replacement blades, that was 8 months ago and im down to my last two.

Comment

Dremel or Die Grinder and re cut the teeth and correct any shape issues

Comment

guys think about it. a sawzall blade makes 1 or 2 cuts on a piece of gal pipe and you want a cutter to run 100'+ in and out of pipe and expect it to last a long time.

blades and cutters need to be sharp to grab and cut. the blades that are your money makers are the ones you need to replace. the spiral saw tooth cutter is my favorite blade and a dull or broken one is not going to get the job done.

put $5.00 away for every drain job and use it to maintain your cutter fund. just like any other tool, a dull cutter puts a lot of load on your tools. it's cheaper and safer to have good sharp tools.

the die grinder is a great way to dress up your cutters.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I replace the blades often, I was looking for ideas to increase the use of each blade, the saw tooth works really well, but only one part of it wears out quick. For example, the general saw tooth comes in two separate blades, it can be reversed when the one side is dull.

Comment

I use the shark tooth cutters and had similar problems as you described with the outer edge wearing away due to the contact with the earthenware/ clay pipe.
              My solution was to put on two sharktooth cutters on the same coupling bolt so that the outer cutter is sacrifcial and saves the teeth on the inner one.

Simon
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the great tip, I will do that

Comment

I like the idea of doubling up on the blades. Sorry guys , new to the forums . One man band , Rockville, MD.
                  ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                  X