X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jetter pressure readings problem

The biggest restriction I see on my system is the 1/4" fitting on my foot pedal. But it sounds like I need to get some 1/2" hose to run to my reels that I take inside. And maybe start using the 1/2" hose it just doesn't pull well. Maybe there is a better 1/2 hose? Slicker outside? All my stuff is 3/8" except the 1/4" footswitch threads.
    Last edited by Cuda; 01-10-2010, 02:26 AM.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I think that 1/4" footswitch is turning your 10 gpm machine into a 5 gpm machine. do the tests in my post above yours.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

This American Jetter on ebay is almost the same as mine and it runs 3/8 hose.
        http://cgi.ebay.com/American-Jetter-...item562ede6c87
        But it looks like the pro style foot valve that I don't have.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

why not subsitute the foot valve for a high pressure ball valve. at 10gpm, that's a lot of water going through a 1/4'' foot valve.

remember that the foot valve is a modified spray gun. it's nothing more than a spray gun stripped of the housing and installed into the bottom of the foot pedal.

so swapping to a spray wand, is not going to accomplish anything unless you go to a high volume spray wand.

i use ball valves on my jumper hoses.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

OK here is the results; (stupid foot valve)
            Gauge moved near end of nozzle;
            3/8 hose 200ft L, 50 ft 3/8 supply line to reel,warthog no front jet just backs,
            result = 2800psi 9.5 GPM no foot valve just a ball valve.

Same setup with foot valve; 2000psi 8GPM.

Added front jet to warthog no foot valve 2500psi 10 gpm,

1/4" 200' hose 50' 3/8 supply to reel, warthog w/font tip = 2000psi 7.5 gpm.

So no running 1/4" hose with my system (unless I had too lots of bends)
            No using cheap foot valve it can't handle 10gpm even though it says it can.

I now know my warthog has 2800 psi with no front jet
            and 2500psi with the front jet in, GPM is roughly the same.

And to top it off I bought that other 24hp honda 8gpm 3000psi system to add to mine. lol now I need 1/2" 300ft hose and 1/2" supply jumpers. And I will get to do this whole thing over to check my pressure and results to fine tune it all. I will be happy to get 16gpm 2500psi with it added to mine.
            Attached Files
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

wish I was there while you had it all set up... I'm curious how much swapping around the connections to your gage t in pic 2 so that the flow was thru the straight run on the t and the gage was off the 90 would have changed it.

stupid stupid footvalve!

nice to have figured it out though I bet.

amazing to see no snow on the ground... forgot what that looks like.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
              X