Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Finally! an 'As Seen on TV' product good for something! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Finally! an 'As Seen on TV' product good for something!

    ok,

    this is embarrasing.

    and it's even more embarrasing when I use it in front of a customer.

    here's a link;

    http://www.preparedness.com/smaldrainkit.html

    here's some pics of mine;

    http://s700.photobucket.com/albums/w...ain%20blaster/

    complete homeowner p.o.s.

    that fitting in pic 2 is female hose thread with a little plastic ball valve, and the plastic hose blows off it all the time.

    junk junk junk.

    but man, nothing is easier for a frozen tub/shower trap... screw off the aereator on the vanity faucet, screw in a hose adapter, short hose to the beloved utter pos drain blaster, kick on hot water, hold onto the pos so it doesnt blow apart, stuff the nether end into the trap, unfroze in under a minute.

    10 min and I'm done.

    if you fight frozen tub/shower traps, get one.
    Last edited by Ace Sewer; 01-10-2010, 02:15 AM.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

  • #2
    Re: Finally! an 'As Seen on TV' product good for something!

    Hey if it works and you can get billable hours out of it.
    It is a good tool.
    After all the customer pays you for the knowledge / experience not the tools used

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Finally! an 'As Seen on TV' product good for something!

      I use one ,,,when i have to clean a s trap out,
      It lets me clean my cable as i pull it back out
      Works good on the over flow hole on a lav too
      I use a metal adapter to tie on to the faucet though

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Finally! an 'As Seen on TV' product good for something!

        You know thats the same tip/head and hose that the Magikist ice thawing machine uses.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Finally! an 'As Seen on TV' product good for something!

          I have something similar but longer. I only really use it for when I'm running a sink from a pulled trap so I can shoot some water down the line without pulling my snake all the way back and see if it is open. It really helps with the sludge lines in that scenario. The thawing of the frozen trap is a great idea I never thought of. Just learned something new. Thanks!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Finally! an 'As Seen on TV' product good for something!

            Originally posted by Free Flow View Post
            I have something similar but longer. I only really use it for when I'm running a sink from a pulled trap so I can shoot some water down the line without pulling my snake all the way back and see if it is open. It really helps with the sludge lines in that scenario. The thawing of the frozen trap is a great idea I never thought of. Just learned something new. Thanks!!
            I use a similar version of that I made myself. I use a hose thread aerator adapter, washing machine hose, nipple and a 1/4" compression stop with about 2' of 1/4 tubing attached to it. Very useful on sludge and grease K/S lines to get verify blockage is cleared, keep it moving and clean the cable. On sinks with flexible connectors, I'll put a compression adapter right on the stop and go from there.

            Unfreezing the trap is a good idea. I get that about 2X's a year in apartment buildings where the ground floor is an exposed parking deck. I'll have to try that next time

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Finally! an 'As Seen on TV' product good for something!

              Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
              On sinks with flexible connectors, I'll put a compression adapter right on the stop and go from there. Unfreezing the trap is a good idea.
              I take the flexible connector off the hot water line, put on the compression nut and sleeve, and just run a 3/8" od plastic line down the drain. At the end of the line I make a few cuts about halfway through the plastic so it will want to bend a certain way when it hits an obstruction. (as opposed to just stopping). Unfroze several drains this year using this technique. I just use the hot water shutoff valve to control the water. Nothing to blow off, and I don't stress the faucet.
              Time flies like an arrow.

              Fruit flies like a banana.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Finally! an 'As Seen on TV' product good for something!

                Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                I take the flexible connector off the hot water line, put on the compression nut and sleeve, and just run a 3/8" od plastic line down the drain. At the end of the line I make a few cuts about halfway through the plastic so it will want to bend a certain way when it hits an obstruction. (as opposed to just stopping). Unfroze several drains this year using this technique. I just use the hot water shutoff valve to control the water. Nothing to blow off, and I don't stress the faucet.
                You are smart , I love the simplicity!
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                Comment

                Working...
                X