X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Jetter advice

OK I have my rated 3000psi 10gpm machine but as testing showed 2800 is my max psi at the tip, The machine I just picked up is a 10gpm 2800psi machine as calibrated by the company who put the new 24hp honda motor on it. But they may have taken the psi off the pump and not the tip I will test to make sure. After I have set both machines to exact same pressure what is the best way to join them? Just use a straight T? Or would some Y work best as the connection before I run them to my reel. There will be some valves added so I can use both or one at a time depending on the job.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Dual Jetter advice

cuda, this was a question i spoke to mark about last week. the valves are a must to isolate the 2 pumps for smaller jobs.

not sure if just 2 unloaders or a special dual unloader is required. also separate tachs and gages running the same psi.

this is one for our australian friend bill2601

he has some dual engine jetters he's built.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I was thinking of a machined block with 2 ball valves at each inlet with a single outlet, then a tee with another ball valve to let the pressure out if total tip clog happened. I am thinking of 3/4 hose lines on everything till it gets to the reels, then I want more valves to let me choose using 1/2" jetter hose or using 3/8 hose.
      Last edited by Cuda; 01-14-2010, 02:34 AM.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

sounds like an expensive piece to have made... why not just tee the oulets together and put an appropriate unloader downsteam of the junction? unloader will have to be sized large enough to allow, and to relieve, the combined flow.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

why do I need an unloader down line when I have 1 at each machine dumping into my tank?
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

not sure that you do.... just seemed cleaner in my mind with one unloader than with 2.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Just fit an unloader at each pump and run them both into a tee of the max size hose you are using then run the hose to another tee just before each reel (one large hose, one small hose) and fit a ball valve at each reel. The unloader valves act as non return valves. Keep it simple!
              Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks Bill
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                  not sure that you do.... just seemed cleaner in my mind with one unloader than with 2.
                  I was thinking if I had 2 one at each pump then if one falied the other would do it's job and return the flow to the tank?
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

think you got a 'no' on that from bill above

Comment

told you bill would know

cuda, tell us how it works.

i was thinking of installing a second pump on my jetter for larger lines with more flow. i have the room and was thinking of that. but with a second pump comes second set of nozzles and jets.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by bill2601 View Post
                        Just fit an unloader at each pump and run them both into a tee of the max size hose you are using then run the hose to another tee just before each reel (one large hose, one small hose) and fit a ball valve at each reel. The unloader valves act as non return valves. Keep it simple!
                        What Bill says will work only if the unloaders are pressure trapping. If they are flow type unloaders you will need to add check valves.

Comment

Sorry, I made an assumption that your unloader valve had built in check valves. Not sure if I sent these pictures in of the dual we are about to finish. I will send unloader configuartion pictures when complete.

Yes you do need 3 sets of nozzles, one for your 1/2" hose, one for your 3/8" hose and one for your remote mini reel for 1/4" to 3/16" hoses, but it gives you 3 jetters in one! This baby with it's 'remote everything' has hit $72k without nozzles. I have 2 clients bursting to have one already!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by bill2601; 01-16-2010, 10:36 PM.
                          Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                          Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes I have the trapping type unloaders. Wow that sure is a nice looking trailer!
                            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

The hose reel becomes an issue. Be sure if you have a power reel that you are careful pulling back under pressure. Cheapo power reels will kink the reel if the hose stops. Pulling back 300 feet of half inch is no fun under pressure.

We put two 8 gpm units together. Each had its own unloader. The unit you start second will start hard because you need the unloader to stay closed to prevent back flow. Still think a Meyer, Harben, Us jetting is the way to go. A nice used one is like 20 grand. Thats Worth 300 an hour around here.

Comment

Working...
                              X