Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Average price for drain cleaning ?

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post
    Oh, your one of those company's!
    Yep, 16 trucks on the road, ready to add more, opening in Vegas by the end of the year, down in your neck of the woods, next year.

Unlike those other companies, un ethical practices are grounds for termination. The CEO's personal cell number is printed on every piece of paperwork that goes out. Our job is to serve the client while keeping that phone from ringing.

We don't win over every client and that's okay. I still feel better about how we charge compare to the $99 radio ads that you know damn well aren't $99 when the job is through.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      Seems to work for Rick N His K-60

It's all about that reverse auger

Comment

on a 2'' vent, yes the reverse auger will shread the roots.

on 3''-4'' my spiral root saw is as good as anything but a jetter.

probably 15% of my sewer main calls are from a roof vent and i don't fail.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

There are some people who are legitimately strapped for cash and can't afford professional services like drain cleaning and licensed plumbers; there are others who aren't happy unless they feel like they've "gotten over" on a business(camped out in front of Best Buy 2 days before Black Friday) and got the deal of the century. At an early point in my life, we were poor and couldn't afford professional help, but at this point in my life when I see an ad for $49 drain cleaning, it makes me angry and unwilling to call a company like that because I feel I'm being lied to right off the bat. You're going to drive to my house with a $40,000 jetter and thoroughly clean my lines for fifty bucks? You're going to come to my house, pull a toilet or climb on my roof with heavy equipment and clean my lines for $49?? Orrrr, are you going to send an inexperienced, just got his driver's license, dropped out of high school, kid with a beat up K39 pistol gun to pull a hair clog out of my tub in 5 minutes or else we're charging you a lot more? When I was strapped for money at a young age, I went to a new dentist in town who advertised $49 cleaning for new patients... Most dentists wanted a lot more because of X rays, time, etc. Well, I never had such a quick rush job of a cleaning in my life. The hygenist was done with me in less than 15 minutes and then sent the dentist in to "examine" my teeth. I had a gap in between my front teeth and he spent 25 minutes trying to sell me on cosmetic dentistry procedures. The $49 was to gain him a new patient and hopefully sell some "real" dentistry work. I never went back again. Many years later when I wasn't broke, I spent over $4K on a very professional dentist to have the work done and never regretted it! There's no free lunch..

Comment

I have done hundreds if not thousands of sewer mains with roots from roof vents as well
            as branch drains !
            In the northwest where they have a steep pitch to roof i would often stand on ladder
            with my machine on the ground and snake a kitchen sink though the roof vent
            JERRYMAC
            E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
            CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
            FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
            SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

I am sure there a lot of people on these forms that can do amazing things with drain cleaning equipment. I also know that most people are not on par with Ron, Rick, and some others. So, to say that it can be done because they do it is just plain silly. No offense to anyone here.
              AllurePlumbing.com
              • leak detection
              • drain cleaning
              • utility locating
              • conductor fault locating
              • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
                I am sure there a lot of people on these forms that can do amazing things with drain cleaning equipment. I also know that most people are not on par with Ron, Rick, and some others. So, to say that it can be done because they do it is just plain silly. No offense to anyone here.

Silly............. did somebody say K-Silly

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                  Silly............. did somebody say K-Silly
                  That should be your signature.
                  AllurePlumbing.com
                  • leak detection
                  • drain cleaning
                  • utility locating
                  • and other specialties.

Comment

Everybody needs a little K-60 in their life! Got a call today- no cleanout- tubs half full- no way I was pulling a toilet! Threw the K60 on the roof and 125' later, pulled out a mass of roots, wipes, and female products enough to fill a gallon bucket--- went back in w/ the retriever head and got the rest out. How many drum machines would have gotten this job done as efficiently as the K60? Answer=NONE! Time=money---- Speed=customer satisfaction!

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber26 View Post
                      Everybody needs a little K-60 in their life! Got a call today- no cleanout- tubs half full- no way I was pulling a toilet! Threw the K60 on the roof and 125' later, pulled out a mass of roots, wipes, and female products enough to fill a gallon bucket--- went back in w/ the retriever head and got the rest out. How many drum machines would have gotten this job done as efficiently as the K60? Answer=NONE! Time=money---- Speed=customer satisfaction!

A lot to learn you have

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                        A lot to learn you have

Comment

I have used my monster 1065 from the ground and most of the rime do not even get on the roof.
                          AllurePlumbing.com
                          • leak detection
                          • drain cleaning
                          • utility locating
                          • and other specialties.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I love the Spartan 1065... But, it is ground machine only meant for accessible cleanouts. Can't get much leverage from the ground and definately won't hit 125' without changing drums. But, the K60 is just more versatile, safer, spins faster, and can go almost anywhere fairly easily. We keep Ridgid's 7500 @ the shop and I use it some when I have to do cleanings indoors due to the mess the k60 makes in that situation. To me, they need to beef that machine up (Hint to Ridgid) b/c it's like the 1065's ugly step-son. Still and ok machine though.

Comment

Originally posted by JK949 View Post
                              Yep, 16 trucks on the road, ready to add more, opening in Vegas by the end of the year, down in your neck of the woods, next year.

Unlike those other companies, un ethical practices are grounds for termination. The CEO's personal cell number is printed on every piece of paperwork that goes out. Our job is to serve the client while keeping that phone from ringing.

We don't win over every client and that's okay. I still feel better about how we charge compare to the $99 radio ads that you know damn well aren't $99 when the job is through.
                              Best of you luck to ya. It's very cut throat in SD.

Comment

I charge a flat rate of $248 plus tax . When people ask me why does it cost so much I tell them, You get a live person when you call, same day service, comes with a 6 month warranty, I work in the blistering heat and bitter cold, gas is freaking expensive, the machine to clean a sewer cost me about $5,000, and most importantly I'm working in HUMAN WASTE! And if I can't get it open because your sewer is broken I won't charge you anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X