X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Average price for drain cleaning ?

The average here is around $250+ and a national company around 4 bills.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber26 View Post
      Don't get me wrong, I love the Spartan 1065... But, it is ground machine only meant for accessible cleanouts. Can't get much leverage from the ground and definately won't hit 125' without changing drums. But, the K60 is just more versatile, safer, spins faster, and can go almost anywhere fairly easily. We keep Ridgid's 7500 @ the shop and I use it some when I have to do cleanings indoors due to the mess the k60 makes in that situation. To me, they need to beef that machine up (Hint to Ridgid) b/c it's like the 1065's ugly step-son. Still and ok machine though.
      I like that " GROUND MACHINE " I would like someone to do a graphic of a K-60 WITH Gold wings !
      Who's good with photo shop ???
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by plumber26 View Post
        don't get me wrong, i love the spartan 1065... But, it is ground machine only meant for accessible clean outs. Can't get much leverage from the ground and definitely won't hit 125' without changing drums. But, the k60 is just more versatile, safer, spins faster, and can go almost anywhere fairly easily. We keep ridgid's 7500 @ the shop and i use it some when i have to do cleanings indoors due to the mess the k60 makes in that situation. To me, they need to beef that machine up (hint to ridgid) b/c it's like the 1065's ugly step-son. Still and ok machine though.
        i have ran over 150' though a 2' vent using a double 3" pear shape cutters with a spartan
        1065, and other machines and you do not change drums on a 1065 you just add in extra cable when the drum runs out
        JERRYMAC
        E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
        CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
        FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
        SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I love the Spartan 1065... But, it is ground machine only meant for accessible cleanouts. Can't get much leverage from the ground and definately won't hit 125' without changing drums. But, the K60 is just more versatile, safer, spins faster, and can go almost anywhere fairly easily. We keep Ridgid's 7500 @ the shop and I use it some when I have to do cleanings indoors due to the mess the k60 makes in that situation. To me, they need to beef that machine up (Hint to Ridgid) b/c it's like the 1065's ugly step-son. Still and ok machine though.

I'm hearing that there is absolutely no mess, that if you spin them on the way out they are nearly dry

Comment

Baaahh............ it can already open a 8" city main what more could you want ???

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
              I'm hearing that there is absolutely no mess, that if you spin them on the way out they are nearly dry
              i wouldn't be using the k-60 if it was a mess and i'm sure my thousands of jobs speak for themselves. without a drop of advertising i sure keep busy with my drain cleaning.

anytime you want to compare 37 years of experience to under 2 years then you can have an opinion people will listen to. but to keep knocking the k-60 is foolish as it's the #1 drain cleaning machine ridgid sells.

so either myself and all the k-60 users are wrong, or you're wrong.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                i wouldn't be using the k-60 if it was a mess and i'm sure my thousands of jobs speak for themselves. without a drop of advertising i sure keep busy with my drain cleaning.

anytime you want to compare 37 years of experience to under 2 years then you can have an opinion people will listen to. but to keep knocking the k-60 is foolish as it's the #1 drain cleaning machine ridgid sells.

so either myself and all the k-60 users are wrong, or you're wrong.

rick.

C'mon now... the guy (Plumber26) said it was underpowered and made a mess. I was just trying to set him straight

Comment

None of the drillers around here will touch a drain that might have roots or has no outside clean out but me. The minute they hear roots they tell them to call us or replace the line. I like a good clean out as much as anybody and recommend putting one in if they can but I'll get in there and clean it as long as I can get a proper size head through it, If they have under size way to get in I will get the drain so they can use it then come back after the clean out is put in and discount the first drilling. 90 % of our work is roots some we do recommend replacing But I have had some that have never stopped up again. If someone calls me and tells me I charge to much that the other guy is cheaper I just tell them Everybody has to know how much there work is worth Mine is worth what I charge Then I tell they should call the other guy If they want just ask them about any hidden charges like auto camera, cable breakage, head loss, machine rent. Etc. most times I get the Job.

Comment

Whoa, I was talking about the 7500 ridgid machine. Absolutely nothing wrong w/ k60's power

Comment

The k 60 kicks ***, I'm relatively new to drain cleaning but it hasn't failed me once. Lots of power compact easy to use and feels a lot safer then my k750 to me anyways. Asstyme nothing personal but do you really have to constantly put something down you obviously haven't used.

Comment

Whoa, I was talking about the 7500 ridgid machine. Absolutely nothing wrong w/ k60's power

The K-Silly has more nuts than a K-7500 ???

Comment

Here in north jersey, i get 225 for the first hour , then 50 every addic. Hour for a main sewer, kicten drain, bathroom basin , tub lines 150 and toilet 125 dols. Jetting main sewers 600 for the first 2 hours. Video inspection main 375 with locate 425.and im still cheaper then most comps in north jersey...

Comment

Down here in San Deigo, Ca. I charge $149 kitchens, $175.00 mains, camera $160.00 I only wish I could charge some of those prices like you guys do, its a cut throat business down here. Hell I see guys clearing lines for $49.00 all the time. How do they make a living ? So jettflow you make $225 for the main and $600 jetting , total $825 for 3 hrs ?
                            Last edited by sewer rat; 01-05-2013, 09:22 AM. Reason: added

Comment

I have diff. Prices for cabling the lines and jetting lines, but if im cabling and jetting the line at the same time that 825 dol. Is about right. Jetting equip. Is not cheap you prob. Know that.i own my own comp. So my name and rep. Is every thing to me. I do a great job at a fair price.

Comment

Originally posted by sewer rat View Post
                                Down here in San Deigo, Ca. I charge $149 kitchens, $175.00 mains, camera $160.00 I only wish I could charge some of those prices like you guys do, its a cut throat business down here. Hell I see guys clearing lines for $49.00 all the time. How do they make a living ? So jettflow you make $225 for the main and $600 jetting , total $825 for 3 hrs ?
                                Some monkeys live in more fruitful trees !
                                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                                X