• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cable Splice

Originally posted by mr bonds View Post
    i have never spliced always thought it too risky
    How so?

I've never ever ever ever had a splice fail and I can tell you I have spliced
    A LOT of cable especially in my early years. It's too easy NOT to. Takes all of 5 minutes of downtime even on the job.

CAVEAT! Avoid using different manufacturers splices on different cables. It doesn't always work so well.

Comment

You can not splice iw cable because it is wound tight over the core and the core will not move it is the same as general cables. The ic cagles can be spliced. You can use a repair head to put the cutters back on. You must get the repair heqad for iw cables as ic take different cutters marvin

Comment

What is the reason for selling and using the IW cable on the K-400/K-380 and not IC?

Does the IW prevent cable flip inside the drum?

The only reason I prefer using the IW is that it uses the same heads as my K-50 c-8 cable.

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
          What is the reason for selling and using the IW cable on the K-400/K-380 and not IC?

Does the IW prevent cable flip inside the drum?

The only reason I prefer using the IW is that it uses the same heads as my K-50 c-8 cable.
          You can get IC cable that uses the same heads as the k-50. The IW cable is better suited for drums with out an inner drum.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I just broke a brand new 11/16" Gorlitz cable (And nearly my arm) because the cutter head bound up with only 5 feet of cable out. I was trying to clear a clogged storm drain with 2 loud gas pumps running trying to keep up with the downpour and preventing the flooding of a nearby school room. I repair the innercore cables all the time with good results. Pipe wrenches work better for me than visegrips.

Comment

Originally posted by plumb4life View Post
              I just broke a brand new 11/16" Gorlitz cable (And nearly my arm) because the cutter head bound up with only 5 feet of cable out. I was trying to clear a clogged storm drain with 2 loud gas pumps running trying to keep up with the downpour and preventing the flooding of a nearby school room. I repair the innercore cables all the time with good results. Pipe wrenches work better for me than visegrips.
              exactly why a sectional is the way to go. there's no drum/ flywheel to keep on spinning

you would think we would have learned that in plumbing school together
              class of 84

rick
              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
              X