X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does your web page bring in work ?

I imagine most drain companies out there have a web page, Just wondering how much business they are generating for you, I have a web page and have my add pop up on google when somebody from my area searches for drains and i get quite a few hits but ive only had 2-3 customers tell me they found me on the web.

Re: Does your web page bring in work ?

Yes it does. To help track it I put coupons on my website. Many people turn in the coupon. I say about 70% of our new calls are from the website.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

One of these days I'll make a web page. When I do I'll let you know.

Had a call today... service for a house. How much, when can you get here. Sounded like a price shopper. Told price and later today. ok. So, do you want me to roll or do you need to call around more? No, I already called some buddies and they all said you're the man, roll.

Might be different in a big urban area, but here it's all word of mouth. I have yellow pages ads, but mosly just so they can find my number after they've called their buddies and found out who to call.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Yea big cities it is a must have item! I get probably 50% of work from google and I have the worst web site on the internet. But it is simple and to the point. If I lived in the country no web site or google fees. I spend around $600 per month with google but they are the new phone book!
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

We rely on the web for 30% of our work. You must optimise you site or you may as well forget about using it as a marketing tool. There are many many tricks to having a highly ranked google site. Best advice, buy and read 'Get Into Bed with Google'. Just started reading it, fantastic!
          Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
          Albert Einstein

Comment

my site seperates me from the fly by nights and the handymen.

Comment

no web site, no advertising, no listed numbers. phone rings 24-7

yellow pages have 40 pages of plumbers in the local book. what a joke most of them are. the bigger the ad, the bigger the crooks they tend to be.

just like ridgid, it's all about the reputation

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Most of our septic work is word of mouth. We've been in the business since 1981. Toilet work around our town is of course word of mouth as well. Weekend rentals tend to use the website as we have pictures of our "Party Potty's" posted. Mostly women that use that. I do have a bunch of info about septic systems on my septic page that some folks have commented on.

I do get some crazy calls from the website though. I get calls from back east about once a month. Usually to buy a portable toilet. "Uh do you know where Oregon is?"
                www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Get maybe 2 to 3 calls a year off it. Enough to pay for the website and a pound of Dunkin Donuts coffee.
                  Rod
                  MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                  Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                  http://unclognh.com
                  http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by plumber rick View Post
                    no web site, no advertising, no listed numbers. Phone rings 24-7

Yellow pages have 40 pages of plumbers in the local book. What a joke most of them are. The bigger the ad, the bigger the crooks they tend to be.

Just like ridgid, it's all about the reputation

rick.
                    Ahhhh Shyaaadup!!!

P.S.
                    Have a great day buster

Comment

SewerRatz,
                      Just tried to use your link for
                      Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      and it would not work. provided me with a: did you mean message with a link that worked.
                      may be just me??

Comment

The link has double http// just remove one in your address bar or use the archer plumbing link
                        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Sewer rats, looks like a nice site.

I have a site its simple. It does bring some work. Word of mouth is still the best

Comment

Originally posted by Donald A View Post
                            SewerRatz,
                            Just tried to use your link for
                            Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                            and it would not work. provided me with a: did you mean message with a link that worked.
                            may be just me??
                            Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                            The link has double http// just remove one in your address bar or use the archer plumbing link

Thanks for the catch. It was defiantly a typo in my sig.

Another site I made to demonstrate how easy it is to make a free website is www.a-archer.com I made it using Microsoft's free service called Microsoft Office Live http://www.officelive.com Just click on Create a Free Website. It will help you build your site, and they host it for free. and if you want a custom URL they will help you get it. I found this the best way to start a entry level website, and if you are an advance website builder you can takes things way above and beyond their site builder wizard.
                            Last edited by SewerRatz; 01-21-2010, 12:04 PM.
                            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Our web site is strictly informative and we have found that it really does help. I have had customers tell me that we got the job because we have a real website that actually answered questions and doesn't just go on and on about how great we are. We do get a lot of hits on it and it is cheap to maintain. It is nothing fancy at all, we did it ourselves through GoDaddy.
                              QBseptic.com

Comment

Working...
                              X