X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who hates trailers?

I spent two hour jetting ice from under a trailer on wed and another 3 hours there on thur. The skirting is a pain. As if it wasnt a mess already the thing had caught fire from a bullet heater that was left under the thing to thaw it out two weeks before. I only work on trailer for the trailer co that rent them because they always pay, but those things are alway a pain. Once they got the water turned backed on they used the bathroom for a 10 day with the sewer frozen.

Any good trailer stories

Re: Who hates trailers?

Years ago I owned a trailer in maryland. I ended up puting 1/4" ply under the whole floor and boxed in all pipes to act as a wind breaker.

Feel sorry for people who live in these things, you spend a fourtune heating and cooling these things and it seems they use parts from another world to put them togeter. Nothing seems standard on them.

Atleast the older ones I haven't been in a newwer one.
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

the only good trailer story. Is one where you show up. collect your service call fee and leave without touching anything

Comment

This pretty much explains my position on trailers.

These pis are old but I'm still wondering what the utensils are for
        Attached Files
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

wow. I have to ask did you finish that job?. Looks like the pipe in the last pic is disconnected? if you did finish that job. what did you charge?

Comment

it looks like if the drains would have been run properly and glued properly that the problem could have been avoided ! cant blame that one on the trailer.

Comment

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm poopsicle
              Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
              1-920-284-7471

Comment

I HATE trailers. Reason #1 They have no money to pay for the job.
                #2 Always seems like some drunk did the install of the plumbing/heating or repair.
                #3 The attitude from the people who live there I'm so poor you have to fix it for less.
                #4 The filth
                I have all but stopped working on them.
                Rod
                MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                http://unclognh.com
                http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I think I charged around $400. It actually wasn't that bad of a fix. Only frozen for a foot or so. And yes, it was a pi$s poor install to start with (lack of glue and pipe wasn't belled all the way. Pic is of the removed pipe).

Removed the pipe and frozen poopsicle. Cleaned up the fitting and installed a new section of PVC.

2 days before another company charged her 500 to pump her tank (not needed) and snake from the tank to the trailer
                  Attached Files
                  INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                  Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                    I think I charged around $400. It actually wasn't that bad of a fix. Only frozen for a foot or so. And yes, it was a pi$s poor install to start with (lack of glue and pipe wasn't belled all the way. Pic is of the removed pipe).

Removed the pipe and frozen poopsicle. Cleaned up the fitting and installed a new section of PVC.

2 days before another company charged her 500 to pump her tank (not needed) and snake from the tank to the trailer
                    Picture #1 looks like they glued the pipe together after it was in the fitting.
                    Rod
                    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                    http://unclognh.com
                    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I've seen main water lines to trailers,

3/8" copper pipe

and

one time a dishwasher discharge hose, so they could watch the water go through it.
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

My parents own two trailer parks. Those degenerate renters won't call until it's running out from under the trailer. Then I've got to find something to lay on, so I'm not laying in it. Nasty. Most of them have mainline traps so sometimes it's not so easy getting into the pipe. We're slowly getting it up to speed with proper cleanouts and whatnot.

At least I know I'll get paid, even if I don't want them to pay me! And to think someday my sisters and I will own them!
                        www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Honest to god true story this happened to me last week, got a call from a local trailer park manager that i do allot of work for (They Have 4" Orangeburg pipe and 25 trailers hooked to it) She says the sewer at # 10 is clogged again, so I unscrew the c/o snake it out and it starts draining, well while i was cleaning up I walked past trailer #11 and the skirting was missing in a spot and i noticed allot of water/sewer under the trailer, so i thought it must have leaked out of a seal when the main backed up but i can see and hear water moving, so i look where the toilet/closetflange hooks to the lateral and the pipe is laying on the ground not even hooked to the subfloor of the trailer, so we knock on the door, go inside and the floor in the bathroom is so rotted out the people living there have put cookie sheets to step on so they dont fall through, and the floor under the toilet is gone, the people that lived there took 2 x 4s' and spanned the hole and set the toilet on the 2 x4 s" so every time they flush SPLATTT right onto the ground under the trailer, As soon as they say Trailer extra $$ money added.

Comment

The thing I hate about trailers/mobiles, is that they were built by assembly line workers, not plumbers and electricians. That leads to a lot of poor workmanship. The mobile home setup crews aren't much better.

For the people that hate trailers, what percentage of homes in your service area are trailers?

I'd say in my town, it's a 50/50 split between site built homes and mobiles. Five or six years ago, it was probably 70% mobiles, 30% site built.

Comment

I'd guess about 20% trailers

Comment

Working...
                              X