X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad land lord install

Well, had some gusher fun today. Called in on some backed up tubs, toilets on a second floor building. Both tubs half full toilets to the rim fun
    First floor of building all gutted and nasty. Find and follow 4" PVC stack to basement. 4" PVC comes out along foundation 12 feet above basement floor level. What do I find . Jackass went from 4" PVC to a 4x3 Fernco reducing the 4" inch to 3" PVC 90 Well, had to loosen the bolts and move faster than a fat man could possible go.
    Basement floor was nasty to begin with. After it drain down pulled off the Fernco and removed whips no surprise and a part of the rotting cast iron stack fell in there and was blocking the already restricted drainage. Cut the 3" PVC to remove the chunk of cast Iron and clean prime and glue a new coupling on. Land lord did not like the quote to replace all the 3" PVC and replace it with 4" Told him no guarantee. It will back up again. I think he put it in. Nice 3x 1 1/2 sanitary tee on it's back to. Luckily the 1 1/2 coper DWV was capped off on the first floor no one would have noticed the back up for a long
    Attached Files
    Last edited by UnClogNH; 01-22-2010, 11:18 PM.
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Re: Bad land lord install

Every one needs to pull the plug on a 10 ft head of water

Comment

i would of told the guy to stand there and hold ur light that would of been priceless

Comment

Originally posted by mr bonds View Post
        i would of told the guy to stand there and hold ur light that would of been priceless
        I wouldn't want my flashlight to get all poopy!
        www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Working...
        X