X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main Sewer Blockages

Good Morning all. I am looking for informtion of how the different systems and countries work when it comes to Blockages. Essentially we have a main sewer system where most of the houses are connected to it. So down here we have 3 water corporations and they all operate differently. When we get a call to a sewer choke we have to find out whether it is the house owner or the Water Corporation who is responsible. However if we find that the choke is on the WC then we have to ring it in. Then out of the goodness of their hearts they give us a "spotters fee". This fee is far short of what our minimum cost to attend is. What happens everywhere else. Do you have water boards or other and do they trust you. Who pays for the service and is it fair and reasonable. Love to hear more

Re: Main Sewer Blockages

here if the blockage is anywhere upstream of the municipal sewer main the homeowner is responsible. if the municipal line is blocked we call the city and they come jet the main, from manhole to manhole. the city won't pay us for any of our work, usually falls back on the homeowner to pay us for the time we have invested in it.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I work in a few towns that trust my word so if I find the problem was on their end, they make good on it. I always call them asap, sometimes they will come check it out and other times they just tell me to send the bill.

Other towns insist I call so they can check it out. Sometimes they just have me do the work once they see whats going on and other times they send in their big toys.

I got he11 for pulling a SMH cover in one town to check their main.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
        here if the blockage is anywhere upstream of the municipal sewer main the homeowner is responsible. if the municipal line is blocked we call the city and they come jet the main, from manhole to manhole. the city won't pay us for any of our work, usually falls back on the homeowner to pay us for the time we have invested in it.
        Same here. City usually comes out within 1/2 hr.have to say they have good response time.

Comment

Thanks guys. Seems there are some that are lucky enough to be trusted in this day and age. Unfortuately there is an agenda over here with our water corporations whereby they use the excuse that all PLUMBERS are theives and rip-off merchants so they cant trust us. I will defend them by saying that early days they were ripped but that wad because they didnt listen to us. So to cut to the chase the consumer has to pay over there as well. We believe that our services are worthy of reward and if they have an issue the Water Companies have to deal with it. Mind you we have been threatened by the WCs with legal action for suggesting the consumers take it up with them for compensation. Bis Companies, lots of money and dont play fair

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
            Good Morning all. I am looking for informtion of how the different systems and countries work when it comes to Blockages. Essentially we have a main sewer system where most of the houses are connected to it. So down here we have 3 water corporations and they all operate differently. When we get a call to a sewer choke we have to find out whether it is the house owner or the Water Corporation who is responsible. However if we find that the choke is on the WC then we have to ring it in. Then out of the goodness of their hearts they give us a "spotters fee". This fee is far short of what our minimum cost to attend is. What happens everywhere else. Do you have water boards or other and do they trust you. Who pays for the service and is it fair and reasonable. Love to hear more
            I never have a problem with charging the client on top of the amount I get from Yarra Valley Water the water company I mostly deal with, the time envolved going to the job and finding where the blockage is has to be charged for and when it is in their retic and accepting what they pay will pay ($81.40) is just not on and the majority of plumbers have woken up to it and are charging to make up the differance and you should be doing the same.

Tony

Comment

Working...
            X