X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Jetter pressure issues

My little Ridgid jetter failed me today. When I start it up, it goes fine, no issues. No matter how hard I crank down on the unloader, I can't get the pressure above 400-500psi. Then the pressure will spike to 2000psi for a couple seconds then go to 500 psi for 10 secondish then spike back up to 2000 psi.

Between the unloader and 3/8 hose reel is no valve. At the end of the 3/8 hose is a foot pedal with 1/4 jumper hose. I recently installed all new quick connect fittings on the discharge side of the pump but didn't touch anything on the inlet side. There's a small leak at the swivel valve on the 3/8 reel but it's a small leak.

Any ideas?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Ridgid Jetter pressure issues

Not looking at the setup but if you can put a valve & gauge between the pump and the unloader you can tell pretty quick if it's the pump or the unloader.

J.C.

Comment

Most common casue for low pressure on these cart jetters is a bad valve seal or valve in the pump.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Is it new,under warranty ? Will You list the model?
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Sometimes the simple things can be easy to overlook so I'll put this out there.Are you getting good water flow at the inlet?

clogged screen/low water supply?
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

gene has a good point... the pressre spiking and dying like that sounds like he's right.

could also be grit in the check valves in the pump
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Plenty of water flow. It's a Ridgid KJ-2100. They don't make this model anymore. How do I check the grit in the check valve? Any Ridgid folks have any idea what type of pump this is?
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

ben, there should be 6 check valves on that pump. 3 on the front/ low pressure and 3 on the top, high pressure.

the caps are tight and need to be unscrewed to check for a broken cage or grit on the seats. if the oil looks clean and not milky, then the seals are good.

i'll try to find the right manual for that pump.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Ben, call tech service. They will know what parts are compatible and can push you in the right direction.

josh

Comment

Gearjunkie,

Give our technical service a call and they should be able to help you with questions regarding the pump. 1-800-519-3456.

If you have any additional concerns beyond what they can help you with send me a private message or give me a call.

Thanks
                    Renee
                    Renee

Product Manager

RIDGID Drain Cleaning

Comment

Called the service desk and everything seemed to work out. The tech gave me good tips to try. I'll give it a shot this weekend and post my results. Thanks
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Update. Got it fixed. There was sludge in the nozzle and I never bothered to check because water was coming out of the nozzles. Once I cleaned it out the pressure was fine. Appearantly when you have a blockage on the discharge side of a pressure washer, the unloader opens so what you're seeing on the gaige is the bypass pressure.

On this project I'm doing for the navy, I kept some 2" drain lines that we removed from the underslab. They were blocked up pretty good. My small jetter removed everything pretty well. I'm confident it's a perfect size for grease in 2" and under lines.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          Update. Got it fixed. There was sludge in the nozzle and I never bothered to check because water was coming out of the nozzles. Once I cleaned it out the pressure was fine. Appearantly when you have a blockage on the discharge side of a pressure washer, the unloader opens so what you're seeing on the gaige is the bypass pressure.

On this project I'm doing for the navy, I kept some 2" drain lines that we removed from the underslab. They were blocked up pretty good. My small jetter removed everything pretty well. I'm confident it's a perfect size for grease in 2" and under lines.
                          Glad it was something simple. I assumed you clean your nozzles before each job. I keep a torch orifice cleaner tool in my jetter tool box to clean the nozzles at the start of each job. Also I do not know if the Ridgid jetter has a inlet filter or not but I added one to my General jetter, saves me lots of grief.

Comment

sewer rats what general jetter are you running?? I own a couple and I am curious what you think about them.

Comment

Originally posted by JW3 View Post
                              sewer rats what general jetter are you running?? I own a couple and I am curious what you think about them.
                              I am running a 12 year maybe a little older J-3000 I am very happy with it. This is the first issue I had with it, turned out the kill switch was at fault. Never had problems with the pump, or engine. The one issue I did have was the tires on the cart kept going flat, so I change the tires to solid rubber.

As for nozzles I like the spring nozzle a lot. It also runs the root ranger very well.

Comment

Working...
                              X