X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid jet vac

just got a chance to use my new ridgid jet vac today on some driveway/ parking lot catch basins.

this jetter powered sludge pump is amazing. i hooked it up to my 3000psi 5.6gpm 18 h.p. cart jetter to pump out the flooded area drains and sump basin. it has a forward jet to break up the debris and a rear shooting jet to act as a venturi to pump out the waste water at approx a 10-1 ratio. pumping through a 1.5'' discharge hose.

what an amazing simple to use tool that is the best tool for cleaning and pumping out sump pits and basins. it cleans and pumps at the same time.

if you own a jetter, you need to own this simple pump.

guys, this could be the next k-60

honestly, why would i still be up after midnight writing a thread on this unless i was very impressed

rick.

the jet vac connected to my spray wand gun.

with 4 days of straight rain, this driveway was not draining. the jet vac was a great way of pumping out the standing water.

why else would i be smiling up to my ankles in water? amazing simple to use pump.

this pumps out more water than a 1.5'' pump. plus it doesn't plug up.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 01-24-2010, 05:36 AM.
    phoebe it is

Re: Ridgid jet vac

part number or link ?
    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
    1-920-284-7471

Comment

This would be nice to pump out flooded water meter pits that I can't sqeeze a sump pump in.

What kind of head height can I expect to get?

Comment

Ridgid 67187
        http://www.toolup.com/ridgid/67187.html

Comment

I bought one of these 10 years ago or so, it was sold under another name at the time though. I can not recall who it was. Got it at the International Waste Haulers Show in Nashville ( now called Pumper and Cleaner Show in Louisville) It is a great tool to have with your jetter, it has saved me lots of grief on many of jobs.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

You don't worry about discharging and not containing silt/sediment?

Don"t get me wrong, I'd do the same thing, but I would think with all the regulations in Cal someone would have a cow if they saw you pumping out CB's with that.

Filters for roof drains. What an odd bunch. Is that a state thing or just the Bay area?
            Last edited by Gene Bickford; 01-24-2010, 01:23 PM. Reason: punctuation
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Not much by way of specs for this on the tool up site.

What matters more with this, GPM or pressure.

min/max GPM?

Looks like a pretty handy rig. No sense in buying a large pump when you already have the equipment to do the same thing with that.
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I remember this from a thread way back, seemed like I searched and they did not sell well and where a lot cheaper then $200 now I can't find where that was, anybody remember the old Cat. No.? I didnt buy one because I didn't think it would work with my 2.5gpm small jetter or my bigger 10 gpm. I also have a 5gpm but never use it anymore. Rick think it will work at 2.5gpm? or my 10? I already have a electric honda trash pump that does up to 2" solids and thats what I already use but sometimes space does matter for access.
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

They are a helpful tool. We make a stainless version ($660) and the jets can be changed to suit the jetter performance. Ridgid one should be the same. We measured our venturi with a 4300psi pump at 5.5gpm. It gave us a flow of 45LPM at 20' head insude a 4" pvc shaft. We found using 1 1/4" suction hose gave us more head of pressure as opposed to the 1 1/2" hose.

You don't use them every day, but when you do use it, your thankful you have it. No electricity required!
                  Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

if my jetter is 5.5 gal 3500 psi which oriface?
                    the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Bill, Northern tool also sells one for way less.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Here is one that gives different orifice sizes
                        http://www.jackssmallengines.com/bar...ect_sludge.cfm
                        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                          I remember this from a thread way back, seemed like I searched and they did not sell well and where a lot cheaper then $200 now I can't find where that was, anybody remember the old Cat. No.? I didnt buy one because I didn't think it would work with my 2.5gpm small jetter or my bigger 10 gpm. I also have a 5gpm but never use it anymore. Rick think it will work at 2.5gpm? or my 10? I already have a electric honda trash pump that does up to 2" solids and thats what I already use but sometimes space does matter for access.

cuda, on a 2.5 jetter i would plug the front jet and it will work fine.

the 10gpm would work real strong with both the front and rear jets. you probably could scale back some rpm's.

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
                          if my jetter is 5.5 gal 3500 psi which oriface?
                          jered, the nozzle size would be a 5.5 if all is directed to the rear venturi jet.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                            Here is one that gives different orifice sizes
                            http://www.jackssmallengines.com/bar...ect_sludge.cfm
                            cuda, that unit is plastic and doesn't have a front wash jet or the discharge hose.

the ridgid has a hose and the front and rear jet along with a plug to cap the front on small jetters.

rick.

spend the 200 and you'll be very happy.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Does it fit inside 4" pipe? Single jet?

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                              Bill, Northern tool also sells one for way less.
                              Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X