X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the lethal weapons

jered, the part is avaliable directly from bill2601. it's a special metric threaded screw with very small orrifice. typically if the line is not compleatly plugged, you won't need the front jet. if it's plugged solid, you'll need it.

the part # is "m6j" not sure if ridgid has it or not.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
      With the Root Ranger (with out forward jet), 1/4 hose, and my toy 3.5gpm jetter, I can get 200' no problem with my camera taped to the hose.
      I do have to assist the hose/push rod a bit in the last 30' or so.
      Hi Gene
      I get the same results with my small jetter im just wondering where you put the camera in regards to the distance away from the root ranger?
      Does it hurt the push rod?
      Ive put the camera in with the jetter but never taped it on to the hose.
      Your way would make it a lot quicker
      (If it doesnt wreck the push rod)
      Thanks oz

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        jered, the part is avaliable directly from bill2601. it's a special metric threaded screw with very small orrifice. typically if the line is not compleatly plugged, you won't need the front jet. if it's plugged solid, you'll need it.

the part # is "m6j" not sure if ridgid has it or not.

rick.
        Metric threads on the front of the ausie root ranger? Then is the 1/2" root ranger not 1/2" Is the small root ranger 1/4" then tapped metric just for the nose?
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
          Metric threads on the front of the ausie root ranger? Then is the 1/2" root ranger not 1/2" Is the small root ranger 1/4" then tapped metric just for the nose?
          the nose threads are very fine on mine and were plugged with an allen screw. the jet insert is another allen screw with a fine hole. this allows the entire jet nozzle to sit recessed into the body of the rr.

i believe that bill makes the export version with npt threads, but i can't see him tapping the front port npt. the front port is a newer thing on the rr.

as far as 1/4'' and 1/2'' npt, goes, they are very close to bsp and will work if needed. i did re-tap a 1/4'' screwdriver nozzle that was bsp and it's easier to screw onto the hose.

cuda, do you own a root ranger? if not you should really get 1. they cut much faster and more agressive than a warthog. especially on smaller cart units.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

i pmed him. i'm just waiting for a reply.
            the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              the nose threads are very fine on mine and were plugged with an allen screw. the jet insert is another allen screw with a fine hole. this allows the entire jet nozzle to sit recessed into the body of the rr.

i believe that bill makes the export version with npt threads, but i can't see him tapping the front port npt. the front port is a newer thing on the rr.

as far as 1/4'' and 1/2'' npt, goes, they are very close to bsp and will work if needed. i did re-tap a 1/4'' screwdriver nozzle that was bsp and it's easier to screw onto the hose.

cuda, do you own a root ranger? if not you should really get 1. they cut much faster and more agressive than a warthog. especially on smaller cart units.

rick.
              I have the older (no front port) 1/4" root ranger that I adapted to 3/8" hose it cuts great but I need to re jet it to my specs. And I am just about to buy the 1/2" unit from Bill with 2 sets of nozzles to be able to use it with 10gpm and 20 gpm. Just based on your reports of the 1/2" I am buying it and not the 1/2" warthog to save some money.I already have the 3/8 warthog I have never really been impressed with the warthog for completly removing roots at joints. I always end up using my root ranger to get the last roots visible at the joints.
              Last edited by Cuda; 02-02-2010, 08:59 PM.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I really am onboard with jetting; I think it's the way to go. I had no idea jetting was that effective on roots! BTW, Bill, thanks for the pm and advice. Rick, I know you have a trailer jetter also; I'd like to upgrade my cart jetter to 5.5gpm 5k. It looks like you did fair damage with yours. Just talked to Shane myself; the new Whog 1/4" isn't available yet. But, when he told me what whogs cost... I fell out of my chair! I've got to upgrade my nozzles and it sounds like I should look at the RRanger. I think the Aussies are onto something.. Anyone have any luck with those aquamole kits?? Trying to find something that will work effectively on a 1/8" line for kit and lavs. Currently use cheap Suttners.. ok, but they would neeeever pull out what Rick just got.. Ya gets what ya pay for!!

Comment

All of my good small tips are from aqua mole, nice nozzles and they are pretty cheap plus he takes the time to talk to you about the machine he is drilling them for.
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                  X