A Good sewer cleaning Story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Good sewer cleaning Story

Had a customer with clogged sewer line, said they could pay me on friday, Friday came and went no pay... next friday came and went no pay and they are dodging my calls, so i took a big ball off roots Cut from a different drain droped them down the outside cleanout late at nite......Saw Roro Rooter there the next day removing my roots...

Re: A Good sewer cleaning Story

Might have been satisfying, but now you'll never get paid.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I never would have gotten paid any ways !

Comment

Originally posted by rhinorooter View Post
        Had a customer with clogged sewer line, said they could pay me on friday, Friday came and went no pay... next friday came and went no pay and they are dodging my calls, so i took a big ball off roots Cut from a different drain droped them down the outside cleanout late at nite......Saw Roro Rooter there the next day removing my roots...
        No you should have used rapid set cement it works every time and takes more than a rooter to clear it.

Tony

Comment

yeah...

I don't know...

Just seems like you got brought down to their level...

And you open yourself to prosecution.

On the other hand, If you kept it up, like once every few months, and kept from getting caught, eventually they'd run out of people who would return THEIR calls.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I service commercial drains in Houston and here recently, I have found several sample wells full of concrete. After doing some research, the one thing all these customers had in common was that they had not paid their last bill to their plumber. Personally, I wouldn't get so drastic as to commit a crime. However, I know that when times are tough and money is tight customers and businesses alike do whatever they have to do to keep their money and get as much as they can out of everyone else. The way we avoid that at my company is doing follow-up calls to make sure our customers are satisfied with the work, therefore, we have a better chance of getting paid. Also, when a customer tells me they can't afford it right now, I am more than happy to suggest ways they can try to fix it themselves. Then when that doesn't work, I know they will be calling back!

Comment

Don't know the whole story but I would not work for someone if I knew they didn't pay the last plumber, yea they may pay once but that type of customer I want nothing to do with.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                yeah...

I don't know...

Just seems like you got brought down to their level...

And you open yourself to prosecution.

On the other hand, If you kept it up, like once every few months, and kept from getting caught, eventually they'd run out of people who would return THEIR calls.
                After telling a couple of plumber friends about this Both of them said they have been stiffed by the same person on work they did, Had i known this prior i never would have done the job in the first place, So if you think I got brought to their level..Im ok with that...some people need to be taught a lesson !

Comment

C.O.D ONLY!
                  If they bounce the check. Have them arrested
                  Yes, people are having a hard time. Don't put your company at risk. People who don't pay for the service are nothing but thieves & low life's. C.O.D If they can't pay C.O.D you don't want to work for them.

You got a lot of elderly who will make good on the bills. It's the younger generation who will screw you in a second. If they don't pay don't block their sewer they will find some other sucker to come out. Knock on the door walk in and take their 50 inch plasma Because the economy is so bad they should not have been able to afford one and not pay their bills
                  Rod
                  MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                  Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                  http://unclognh.com
                  http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Yeah... they do...

But we (thankfully, in my opinion) live in a society of laws. I'd have handled it through the courts. With two others that had been stiffed happy to tell their stories you'd have a much stronger argument. Now they have an argument that you did poor work as their line backed up again two weeks later, and you can't afford for why it did to come out. You've lost that option.

I mean, who's to say they didn't just stiff the 4th company as well? What lesson have they been taught? That they can just work their way through the phone book?

You did work in good faith, got stiffed, so did at least two of your fellow tradesmen, and all the losers are out is a little inconvenience, and possibly a fee to another company.

How much more satisfying to find a bulldog collection agency and devote a chunk of your already lost fee to paying the collection agency to hound them for months. Or a lawyer willing to tack their fees onto the suit who might actually recover something for you and your stiffed friends, and who will at least drag their asses into court and make them miss a day of work.

I'd just have handled it differently, as satifying as that must have been. Vengence is sweet, but it just escalates to war. Justice is better. And for me, even a quixotic stab at justice is better than starting down that road as I no longer have the will to pay the price to see it through. There was a time in my life where people lost teeth over wrongs much smaller than this, but I figured out eventually that I was doing more damage to myself.

That's the last I'll say on it. Whatever works for you.

Comment

A couple of bottles of Foggy mountain skunk essence, a hypodermic syringe. In through roof of their shiny new BMW convertible. Insurance don't cover it and they they have to go to court to answer the small claims court smelling, well stinky. Justice served.
                      WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
                      ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Comment

You did good.

A lot of us have criminalistic minds that just haven't been caught.

Who me?
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

if you use cement use gravel mix. it a lot harder to cut out with a grinder head. breid ......................

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                            if you use cement use gravel mix. it a lot harder to cut out with a grinder head. breid ......................

Or better yet,

I gotta take the 5th

Some trade secrets should never be printed.
                            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by rhinorooter View Post
                              I have to admit I laughed when I read what you did. I also admit that over the years I've had some customers where I would have enjoyed dishing out similar treatment. I'm sure you took some satisfaction at giving a little back. However, I'm inclined to agree with Ace, I think you, and society, would have been better off in the long run taking them to small claims court.

In work as in everything else we all have to choose our own path. We will reap whatever result we earn from our choices along the way.
                              Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
                              X