Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Better Cable?

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Rick, I know you have experience with both. Opinions?

Thanks.

J.C.
    Does that make Rick Bi?

Cable that is. I already know about him and Bill.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

GENE

Have you ever broken a General 1-1/4" cable in a sewer?? I think you have me sold on purchasing general cables.

I have the 7/8" General innercore for my k-60 and they are awesome. So i would guess the 1-1/4" should be just the same

Comment

Looks like General's way out in front. Even Electric Eel got pulled in and defeated.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
          GENE

Have you ever broken a General 1-1/4" cable in a sewer?? I think you have me sold on purchasing general cables.

I have the 7/8" General innercore for my k-60 and they are awesome. So i would guess the 1-1/4" should be just the same
          NEVER. I have 100' of 4yr old and another 100' I bought used thats at least 8yrs old.

I do not oil and clean them like they say you should. I might do it once a year.

The General and Eel cables look the same. I wonder if they are produced in the same place/same way and given a different name?????
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Great video but next time, please put a blanket on your tow rope. When I saw your test, all I could think of is the cable breaking and the vise going through the back window.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Same thing I was thinking from my 4x4 wheelin days always put a coat or blanket on the winch cable lol
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                Rick, I know you have experience with both. Opinions?

Thanks.

J.C.

so you want me to tell you the truth i always tell the truth

i use factory ridgid cable in my k-60 , k-50, k-39, k-750, and k-7500.

i use general cable in my timberwolf since it comes in 10' and 4' lengths and is more controllable for the way i run it with the drill.

i do own a rack of 7/8'' general that i haven't tried. i also own some 5/8'' general sectional and honestly, i don't know the general 5/8'' from the ridgid as they both look and work identical and are interchangeable. same connectors.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                X