Mrsa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mrsa

Read a great article in ESPN magazine about this because it affects athletes a great deal. Seems like it's everywhere. If I remember the article, it said mrsa has killed more people than aids and hiv.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Still want to do drains for $50.00 bucks?????!!!!!!!
      Rod
      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
      http://unclognh.com
      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Went to the Dr. this morning to have the nurse replace the wick in my head....that sounds F'n lovely doesn't it. She said I can do it tomorrow and the next day....that should be enough and that its healing very well

Saturday afternoon I had a mild reaction from taking 2 doses the Bactrim DS 800/160 wed. night and thurs morning. Nurse said it can react after withdrawl for up to a week. An egg shaped welp popped up on my arm and started to burn. The original Dr. is lucky thats all it has done...or else I would need his insurance info instead of him needing mine to put it nicely.

Comment

Some of our relatives have it. I am extra cautious with the kids around them. Spread through their whole family within a few years and puts em in the hospital every once in a while. Not fun. I am gonna do whatever I can to avoid getting it and keep my fingers cross that some day someone will come up with a cure.

The jury is still out for me on how dangerous MRSA is. Not something I want to mess around with though.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
            Some of our relatives have it. I am extra cautious with the kids around them. Spread through their whole family within a few years and puts em in the hospital every once in a while. Not fun. I am gonna do whatever I can to avoid getting it and keep my fingers cross that some day someone will come up with a cure.

The jury is still out for me on how dangerous MRSA is. Not something I want to mess around with though.

Josh
            I personally do not have it nor have ever had it before. MSRA is basically drug resistant staph infection. I'm very cautious with chemicals and biologicals...I wear gloves and treat cuts immediately and i take showers 2-3 times a day...change clothes several times a day. I cant do anymore than I;m already doing. I personally think it has alot to do with your overall general health and that most people have it on their body but are immune to it until their immune system crashs for one reason or another......not that I;m right but thats just my thoughts on the subject. After hurricane katrina alot of MSRA came out of New Orleans.....thats not my thoughts but fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Gofor View Post
              My wife's oldest sister died 2 weeks ago from MRSA that got into her lungs and ate into a major blood vessel.. She caught it at the hospital when being treated for pneumonia. Before she died, anyone visiting her had to wear protective gowns and face masks. Its not just a skin disease.

Best personal defense is real good cleanliness habits and treating any open sores/wounds quickly, so it doesn't get a start.

Go
              A framer friend of mine went into the hospital for treatment for a few ribs he had busted.Maybe he punctured a lung,I don't remember.A few days later he was in intensive care thanks to the hospital giving him Mersa infection in his lung.
              $300,000.00 and he has no insurance.
              I asked him to hold them accountable and drop the bill..Nope,I guess we sign our rights away when we ask for hospital care.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                A framer friend of mine went into the hospital for treatment for a few ribs he had busted.Maybe he punctured a lung,I don't remember.A few days later he was in intensive care thanks to the hospital giving him Mersa infection in his lung.
                $300,000.00 and he has no insurance.
                I asked him to hold them accountable and drop the bill..Nope,I guess we sign our rights away when we ask for hospital care.
                My wife was an RN for a while and refuses to go to the hospital after seeing people who go in there for something like a cracked rib end up getting sicker.

TM, my wife is also allergic to sulfa drugs and had MRSA. She got rid of it through an herbalist's treatments.
                Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Working...
                X