X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k-60

Hello everyone, i just bought a fairly new k-60 on ebay. i have never used one, my question is do i need the guide hose? im trying it and the cables that's coming out of the bracket holder are twisting up. Any advice would greatly help.

Re: k-60

Originally posted by a1azservices View Post
    Hello everyone, i just bought a fairly new k-60 on ebay. i have never used one, my question is do i need the guide hose? im trying it and the cables that's coming out of the bracket holder are twisting up. Any advice would greatly help.
    You can just use a piece of PVC pipe if you have the room while using it.

J.C.

Comment

the k-60 has its own section. read up on it you will learn the tips and tricks in no time.

Comment

a1. i lay the cable carriers behind if i'm outside to keep cable straight. inside i use rips of 1 1/2" pvc with fercos to make a sheath. plumber rick uses a piece of hdpe to make a sheath. i think. do a search. i'm cheap or i would just buy the hose. enjoy. i'm 140lb and 65 years old. k-60 is they way for me. by the way i don't have a bad back, which seems to be a bragging point for the drum guys. lol. make a lot money with it. i have thanks to plumber rick amongst others. breid...............

Comment

Originally posted by a1azservices View Post
          You have to be kidding It sounds like your not taking the cables out of the carrier before feeding them through the machine. Take one cable lay it out and run through "one at a time". Make sure it is not hooked up to the other sections in the carrier. You cant just pull the end coming out of the carrier with the cables all still attached and start rodding.
          ________
          Honda S-wing
          Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 06:37 PM.
          Mike

Comment

i rarely use a guide hose unless i'm indoors or in a planter full of ivy.

1'' or 1.25'' hdpe works good for long runs of cable and if you let it get warmed up in the sun, it will lay flat.

the factory hose, flex conduit has to be kept oiled or it will stiffen up and be useless.

make yourself a better pin punch for the cables as the factory one is a joke. a ground down phillips screwdriver with a 7/32'' shaft diameter is the best. but a scratch awl will also work.

welcome to the k-60 world

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks you guys, rick do you have an email address? I have a few more questions to ask if you don't mind.

Comment

Working...
              X